Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Charlotte AutoFair spring 2016 – 7-10 April – Charlotte, NC.........

It may be cold outside but it’s time to start heating up the auto show season. The bi-annual AutoFair in Charlotte, NC at Charlotte Motor Speedway 7-10 April 2016. Once again our Supra group has been invited back to join the wonderful festivities. The AutoFair runs the entire weekend, beginning on Thursday. Our group will be displaying on Saturday, 9 April AND Sunday, 10 April from gate opening at 8am til end of show. All car clubs are REQUIRED to display both days in order to continue participation in the AutoFair.

We have been supplied with 20 vehicle display allocations for both days!

The show is provided to you FREE FREE FREE of charge. It costs you NOTHING to display your Supra and partake in all the other festivities.

If you have attended the AutoFair in the past you know of the greatness to expect. If you have never been to the AutoFair, either as an attendee to the event or to display your Supra with the group, you are missing out on the largest automotive extravaganza in the eastern USA. More than 2,000 cars on display in the “for sale” car corral….plus….50+ local and regional automobile clubs on display….PLUS….over 10,000 vendors all at one location. Beautiful cars abound and you may find just that right something you’ve been searching for from one of the vendors. Bring your checkbook.

In addition to the display spaces we also receive FREE trophies, one “Best of Show” plus additional trophies determined by our group. The purpose of the AutoFair is to have fun, many attendees don’t see it as competition – at least for our group. I try to attempt it simple for the trophies.

“Best of Show”
"The Earl of Scheib" - diamond in the rough, needing some TLC and a good paint
"James Bond's Daily Driver" - one badass Supra
"Busted Knuckles" - she who has had the most work; straight up restoration type or performance mods

In addition to receiving a spot to display your Supra you will also receive two FREE passes to the AutoFair. That equals: ONE car pass, TWO people passes (one for you and one for a guest). Additional guests would pay admission ($10, children under 12 are free).

The AutoFair is a professionally run event and space is limited. All Supra display spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you sign up to display it is important that you attend the show. Future opportunities for our Supra group to participate in the AutoFair depend on the turn-out ratio according to our allocated space.

It’s a great time to spend with a great bunch of Supra enthusiasts plus the thousands of other sweet rides you will see throughout the day.

Visit the following sites for more info:

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.co...dule/carshows/

I will post more information as it becomes available. For now, please sign up to attend the spring 2016 Charlotte AutoFair! To sign up please post here, send me a message or email me: Scottham “at” softplay “dot” com. When you sign up please include your (real) name, your screen name and info on your Supra. If you are a new attendee I ask that you please send me (via email or message) your full name (first and last), mailing address (so I can send passes), email address and contact number if I need to relay information at the last minute.

Attendees:

Saturday, 9 April

1. Scott H. – Marblehead – ’83 P-Type
2. Scott H. – Marblehead – ‘93TT BPU hardtopper
3. Ryan E. – rce311 – ’84 MKII
4. Autumn E. – suprachick83 – ’85 MKII
5. Cody N. – Citskipper – ’85 P-Type
6. Cody N. – Citskipper – MKIV
7. Billy M. – BillyM – MKII #1
8. Jake F. – fb – ’83 P-Type
9. Andrew W. – Axonian - ’84 P-Type
10. Megan A. – MKII
11. Larry F. – gus_28212 – TX22
12. Bryan F. - bimmerfreak 555 - '95 TT APU
13. Peter A. – Letsride – ‘96 Supra Turbo APU
14. Josh B. – stylin and profiling – ’93 hardtopper
15. Josh B. – stylin and profiling – ’95 GTE
16. Mitch K. - mkii supra freak – ’85 6M GTE
17. John B. – johnb7 – some Supra
18. Kelly H. – totalperfektion – ’91
19. Terence W. – Taka21 - MKIII

Saturday Tentative/Stand-by:
1. Aaron H. – curvesrgood – ’86 P-Type

Sunday, 10 April

1. Scott H. – Marblehead – ’83 P-Type
2. Scott H. – Marblehead – ‘93TT BPU hardtopper
3. Ryan E. – rce311 – ’84 MKII
4. Autumn E. – suprachick83 – ’85 MKII
5. Cody N. – Citskipper – ’85 P-Type
6. Cody N. – Citskipper – MKIV
7. Billy M. – BillyM – MKII #1
8. Aaron H. – curvesrgood – ’86 P-Type
9. Jake F. – fb – ’83 P-Type
10. Andrew W. – Axonian - ’84 P-Type
11. Megan A. – MKII
12. Larry F. – gus_28212 – TX22
13. Peter A. – Letsride – ‘96 Supra Turbo APU
14. Terence W. – Taka21 - MKIII

Tentative/Stand-by:
1. Mitch K. - mkii supra freak – ’85 6M GTE

Be there, be there, be there!
Scott

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in for one day for sure with the 86 Celica Supra! Will likely plan for Sunday at least, Saturday may depend on the wife's schedule since she'll be back at work by then. Had a wonderful time hanging out with everyone last year on Sunday, it was a blast! :) - Aaron

Aaron Hancock
red 1986 Celica Supra P-type

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would I be able to join for a first time?
Absolutely! It's great to have new attendees; new faces and new Supras at each show. Please send me a pm or email (address listed in first post) with your full information: first and last name, mailing address, email address and phone number. Email and phone would only be used to convey any last-minute info regarding the show (day of or evening before). Mailing address is needed in order to send the necessary passes once I have them in hand. Looking forward to meeting and seeing a new Supra at the Fair.

CHEERS!!
Scott

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm down for both days!!! How pristine should the show cars be?
Thanks for your interest in attending the show. Cars do not have to be trailer-queen show cars. All clubs have a variety of visual interests; some gleaming beauties, some daily drivers, some diamonds in the rough. Don't be turned off by the condition. These are 30 year old cars after all.

As mentioned in above post: Please send me a pm or email (address listed in first post) with your full information: first and last name, mailing address, email address and phone number. Email and phone would only be used to convey any last-minute info regarding the show (day of or evening before). Mailing address is needed in order to send the necessary passes once I have them in hand. Looking forward to meeting and seeing a new Supra at the Fair.

CHEERS!!
Scott

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Attendee list updated. Time is approaching even though we have one extra day for gathering attendance this year. Tell a buddy, bring a friend. Buy another Supra and fill the show with these terrific cars!

Space Invaders,
Scott

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm down for both days!!! How pristine should the show cars be?

Both are fine examples of cars that have attended.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added some more entertaining trophy categories this year:

“Best of Show”
"The Earl of Scheib" - diamond in the rough, needing some TLC and a good paint
"James Bond's Daily Driver" - one badass Supra
"Busted Knuckles" - she who has had the most work; straight up restoration type or performance mods

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Bump?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Attendee list updated.

The show is approaching. Still have available space for you to display your beautiful Supras! The AutoFair is a show for the ages.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Received our display location and show passes yesterday. Our display location is inside the speedway on the field between pit road and the start/finish line. Great location to show all those domestic muscle guys who's boss. ;) Map will be posted Monday.

Gather the troops and get your Supras to the AutoFair!

Scott

·
Registered
54 Posts
Received our display location and show passes yesterday. Our display location is inside the speedway on the field between pit road and the start/finish line. Great location to show all those domestic muscle guys who's boss. ;) Map will be posted Monday.

Gather the troops and get your Supras to the AutoFair!

Scott
So stoked for this!:laugh:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Scott,

I mentioned it somewhere else, but lets make it official. I will be there Saturday. In some kind of supra.

-John

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Scott,
I mentioned it somewhere else, but lets make it official. I will be there Saturday. In some kind of supra.
-John
Sounds great, John. Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing you again.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Attendee list updated.

Our display location for spring 2016 AutoFair!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts