Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
hey is it too late to get a spot?
No, it is not too late. I am sending passes today to all those that have already confirmed. However, there is additional space still available. Please let me know ASAP and we can determine the best option for getting the necessary passes to you.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Attendee list updated. Passes will be going out this afternoon. Space is still available.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I received the following, disappointing email today, Tuesday at 6:30pm:

<<<"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL AUTO-FAIR SPRING 2016 PARTICIPANTS

We have just today received notice from Charlotte Motor Speedway that the “grass infield” has been reseeded/resodded and cannot be parked on for this Auto-Fair event.

We must now go with our “INCLEMENT WEATHER” plan.

The following car clubs will move to the paved side of the grass on Pit Road for Saturday and Sunday as designated on your maps you received Credential Night:

Carolina Classic Chevy

5th Generation Camaros

Kar Kings

Queen City Corvette

Southern Performance Ford

Triad F-Body

All other show cars placed on infield grass will now move up under the Grandstands. You will enter at GATE 2 - located off Front Perimeter Rd between 1st and 2nd Pedestrian Bridge. This is designated on your maps that you received during Credential Night.

When entering GATE 2 - Turn left up top under Grand Stands. We are planning to stake the club spaces and will keep you posted, otherwise it will be first come first served.

If this change in plans effects your participation and you decide not to attend, please notify me immediately at [email protected] .

I am truly sorry for this “last minute notice” - but I just received this information from CMS today.

Thank you for your understanding and especially your cooperation and patience for Saturday and Sunday shows.

Please confirm that you have received this message and any comments are greatly appreciated.">>>

Along with my response:

<<<"Hi Walt, thank you for the inconvenient update. The speedway sure knows the most inappropriate time to perform landscaping activities. Perhaps their professional lawn care provider could be reminded that fall is actually the best season for planting and overseeding.

I'm venturing to guess you've had many less than enthusiastic responses. Moving due to uncontrollable circumstances is one thing. Closing off a majority of area for display during the largest car show of the season due to their poor planning or oversight is beyond disappointing.

I will relay this information to our club.

Thank you,
Scott Hamons
Mid-Atlantic Supras"

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Pretty funkin' short-sighted to be planting grass two weeks prior to their largest car show of the season. But, money can't buy common sense.

What this means for us. We will obviously not be located within our designated awesome display location - on the grassy infield. Based on the above email, it sounds as if they may attempt to post club names at specific locations within the concourse area. We may not know until day of show. Normally it's a free-for-all, get lucky to find a spot kinda thing up there. Anyone who has taken part in the show over the years understands the inclement weather drill. I will ponder several options over the next week and keep everyone updated here as they progress. I may reach out to others for thoughts, opinions, brainstorm ideas. Also, if you have any thoughts on harnessing a space under the concourse, please post here.

I'm a blond, but not deaf and dumb.
Scott

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pretty funkin' short-sighted to be planting grass two weeks prior to their largest car show of the season. But, money can't buy common sense.

What this means for us. We will obviously not be located within our designated awesome display location - on the grassy infield. Based on the above email, it sounds as if they may attempt to post club names at specific locations within the concourse area. We may not know until day of show. Normally it's a free-for-all, get lucky to find a spot kinda thing up there. Anyone who has taken part in the show over the years understands the inclement weather drill. I will ponder several options over the next week and keep everyone updated here as they progress. I may reach out to others for thoughts, opinions, brainstorm ideas. Also, if you have any thoughts on harnessing a space under the concourse, please post here.

I'm a blond, but not deaf and dumb.
Scott
Yeah they do this every year tho, but still they should be able to plan better and let us know sooner.
Also, we should try to arrive as early as possible as a group to get our spots. My neighbors get there at 5am and start setting up. That may be just a tab bit too early for me however haha.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
We will shoot for our usual 6am ETA, but if a need arises, I think we can push a bit earlier. I'm only about 25 minutes from the speedway so it all just depends on how early I can get the troops moving in the morning.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Attendee list updated.

Due to closing off the infield grass area, as mentioned previously, we have been assigned a new display location. Please note the new location on the maps below. Entry into this area will be thru Gate #2 on the outside of the speedway. Watch for AutoFair staff directing traffic. For those who have attended previously, this new display location is directly next to what has become our “traditional” display space. Still a good location; next to a main pedestrian entrance, under shade when needed and, hopefully, spacious enough.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
As in previous years, for those who choose to do so, we will meet at Concord Mills Mall at the end in front of AMC Theater. We will leave the mall at 7:00am in order to arrive at our new display location. It is not mandatory to meet at the mall. If you wish, you may head directly to the speedway. As a matter of fact, this may be a better option for most since space may be tighter than planned due to the relocation from the infield grass area. The gates of the speedway open at 6:00am (sometimes even earlier). Display vehicle can access the show/display areas anytime prior to the gates opening to the general public, which is 8:00am.

The weather is looking great! Cool on Saturday but sunny; bring a coat. Sunday is a sun day and forecast to be a bit warmer. Coolers, beverages (of any flavors), food, snacks, etc are permitted. Glass containers are not permitted in the track area/while walking the show grounds.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts