Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Charlotte AutoFair spring 2017 – 6-9 April – Charlotte, NC.........

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Marblehead 
#1 · (Edited)
Charlotte AutoFair spring 2017 – 6-9 April – Charlotte, NC.........

Car show season is heating up and big updates are happening with our club!. The bi-annual AutoFair in Charlotte, NC at Charlotte Motor Speedway 6-9 April 2017. Once again we have been invited back to join the wonderful festivities.

Big changes to our group; with a request to the AutoFair club organizers, we have been approved to open our group to other Toyota premier model sports cars. Our new group name is “ToySports Unlimited” and open to Supra, ’71-’85 Celica, MR2 and AE86 Corolla models! Maybe we'll find a 2000GT!?! Pass the word, tell your buddy and bring the friends. We will add an even greater dimension to the AutoFair extravaganza with the addition of these well respected and loved sports models.

The AutoFair runs the entire weekend, beginning on Thursday. Our group will be displaying on Saturday, 8 April AND Sunday, 9 April from gate opening at 8am til end of show. All car clubs are REQUIRED to display both days in order to continue participation in the AutoFair. We have been supplied with 20 vehicle display allocations for both days! We could certainly use a boost of attendees on Sunday as that has been a slow day for our group these last few shows.

All of this is provided to you FREE FREE FREE of charge. It costs you NOTHING to display your Toyota and partake in all the other festivities. If you have attended the AutoFair in the past you know of the greatness to expect. If you have never been to the AutoFair, either as an attendee to the event or to display your Toyota with the group, you are missing out on the largest automotive extravaganza in the eastern USA. More than 2,000 cars on display in the “for sale” car corral….plus….50+ local and regional automobile clubs on display….PLUS….over 10,000 vendors all at one location. Beautiful cars abound and you may find just that right something you’ve been searching for from one of the vendors. Bring your checkbook. In addition to the display spaces we also receive FREE trophies, one “Best of Show” plus additional trophies determined by our group. The purpose of the AutoFair is to have fun, many attendees don’t see it as competition – at least for our group. I try to attempt it simple for the trophies.

As a tongue in cheek nod to our broader array of Toyota sports models, the trophy names are as follows:
“Best of Show”
”This Toyota is too Fast” – Lotsa, lotsa BPU parts, go-fast stuff or verified dyno sheet.
“This Toyota is too Slow” – A lil rough around the edges, straight stock, could use some TLC.
“This Toyota is Juuust Right” – Well, it’s juuust right!
“Fresh Meat” – Only those who have never won a trophy and those new in attendance.

In addition to receiving a spot to display your Toyota you will also receive two FREE passes to the AutoFair. That equals: ONE car pass, TWO people passes (one for you and one for a guest). Additional guests would pay admission ($10, children under 12 are free). The AutoFair is a professionally run event and space is limited. All Toyota display spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you sign up to display it is important that you attend the show. Future opportunities for our Toyota group to participate in the AutoFair depend on the turn-out ratio according to our allocated space. It’s a great time to spend with a great bunch of Toyota enthusiasts plus the thousands of other sweet rides you will see throughout the day.

Visit the following sites for more info: http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/ http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/schedule/carshows/ I will post more information as it becomes available. For now, please sign up to attend the spring 2016 Charlotte AutoFair! To sign up please post here, send me a message or email me: Scottham “at” softplay “dot” com. When you sign up please include your (real) name, your screen name and info on your Supra. If you are a new attendee I ask that you please send me (via email or message) your full name (first and last), mailing address (so I can send passes), email address and contact number if I need to relay information at the last minute.

Attendees: Saturday, 8 April
1. Scott H. – Marblehead – ‘93TT BPU hardtopper
2. Ryan E. – rce311 – ’84 MKII
3. Autumn E. – suprachick83 – ’85 MKII
4. Kevin S. – ’85 MKII
5. Mike K. – ’86 AE86
6. Aaron H. – curvesrgood – ’86 P-Type
7. Austin C. – ’91 MR2
8. Tyler R. – ’87 MKIII
9. Samir R. – 1985 MR2
10. Harry M. – ’91 MKIII
11. Cody N. – Citskipper – MKIV
12. Matthew G. – ’86 2JZ-GTE surprise
13. Roman A. - Ravan17 – ’95 NA-TT
14. Jake F. – ’83 MKII
15. Larry F. – Sunchasers!
16. Larry F. – Sunchasers!
17. Isaac M. – ’91 MR2
18. Taylor S. – ’86 MR2
19. Roger W. – MKII wildebeest

Sunday, 9 April
1. 1. Scott H. – Marblehead – ’83 P-Type
2. Scott H. – Marblehead – ‘93TT BPU hardtopper
3. Ryan E. – rce311 – ’84 MKII
4. Autumn E. – suprachick83 – ’85 MKII
5. Michael A. – ’85 Celica GTS
6. Mike K. – ’86 AE86
7. Billy M. – BillyM – MKII #1
8. Aaron H. – curvesrgood – MR2
9. Samir R. – 1985 MR2
10. Cody N. – Citskipper – MKIV
11. Matthew G. – ’86 2JZ-GTE surprise
12. Jake F. – ’83 MKII
13. Larry F. – Sunchasers!
14. Larry F. – Sunchasers!
15. Isaac M. – ’91 MR2
16. Roger W. – MKII wildebeest

Tentative/Stand-by:

Be there, be there, be there!
Scott

See less See more
#4 ·
Attendee list updated.

Let's make this the best AutoFair yet. More Toyota sports models all around! Show all the domestic muscle the beasts from the East!

#5 ·
We need you to attend this great automotive extravaganza! Let's get a full boat. Please contact me or reply to this post to sign up and participate in the Charlotte AutoFair. More Toyota sports models to fill the speedway.

Oh, what a feeling!
Scott

#7 ·
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE! PLEASE READ!

I received word last night that our display location has been moved. Due to the inclement weather of the last few day, the infield grass cannot accept vehicle traffic.

From the AutoFair:

“ATTENTION TO ALL CAR CLUBS

A MAJOR PARKING CHANGE FROM THE PIT ROW GRASS
MOTHER NATURE HAS THROWN US A CURVE THAT REQUIRES US TO INVOKE OUR “INCLEMENT WEATHER” PARKING ARRANGEMENTS.

THE GRASS FIELD IS TOO WET TO PARK CARS AND WON’T DRY OUT FAST ENOUGH.
PLEASE PARK ACCORDING TO YOUR LOCATION. DO NOT BLOCK FIRE LANES. IT WILL TAKE CLOSE QUARTER PARKING. PARK LENGTH WAYS ALONG ALL WALLS ON THE CONCOURSE. DO NOT PARK DIAGONAL ALONG THE CONCOURSE WALLS.”

To access our new display location, ENTER THROUGH GATE 7:
1. Enter through the main entrance into the speedway.
2. Turn RIGHT at stop sign (AutoFair reps will be directing traffic)
3. About 100 yards, turn LEFT onto the ramp leading to the concourse/area under grand stands.
4. We will be THIRD club on the RIGHT.

If you’re familiar with the area and the speedway access lanes, you can also enter the speedway property from Morehead Rd. and also access GATE 7.

Spacing may be tight but we have been in this location in past years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.