·
Registered
7,171 Posts
why hasn't this been stickied yet?

+3

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Please PM me when you want a thread stuck. I don't read every thread :) I saved it on CS too, to be safe.

·
Registered
283 Posts
so then how excatly do you measure back spacing? if i can figure out the offset of the wheels im trying to sell maybe someone will buy them

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Lay wheel on ground, so that the backside is exposed.

Get some sort of straight edge that is long enough to lie across the circumference of the wheel.

Get a yard stick or tape measure. The "0" end goes against the flush face of the center part of the wheel (where the center of the wheel meets the hub). Take measurement. What does the measuring device say, when it gets to the straight edge???

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Found these with a quick google search. They illustrate Chris' description above:

·
Registered
283 Posts
yessss! thank you!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks for great information!
In Japan, we don't use backspacing inch.
We only use offset mm so I couldn't get size of rim when wrote with backspacing inch.
Now I can:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
has anyone ever had their alum wheels, like MKII's widened? i was talking to a friend of mine and he had mentioned it. my truck has some old Centerlines which i think are bad ass. though someone had mentioned in a thread to put some MKII's on it. i have wheel well clearance in the back for 16x9 and 16x8 in the front. i guess the next question would be tire sizes

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
has anyone ever had their alum wheels, like MKII's widened? i was talking to a friend of mine and he had mentioned it. my truck has some old Centerlines which i think are bad ass. though someone had mentioned in a thread to put some MKII's on it. i have wheel well clearance in the back for 16x9 and 16x8 in the front. i guess the next question would be tire sizes
Find some Starion rims and put those on there. 16x8 and 16x9.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I was needing this chart chris had posted on here, but I think we lost the original chart on the OP when we upgraded forum. I found this one on world wide web.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for reposting this chart. This is a handy tool. I figured there was something missing in the thread.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was needing this chart chris had posted on here, but I think we lost the original chart on the OP when we upgraded forum. I found this one on world wide web.
Suggest editing and placing the chart in the original post
as it initially looks like the whole link & data has been lost

1 - 20 of 22 Posts