Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I purchased a set of Louvers from my new buddy Dave Cod today, Thanks Dave!!! Does anyone have instructions on how to mount them? As also I will show a pic below but Dave could not find part of the install hardware, is there a aftermarket kit I can purchase or any ideas to mount them from any of you doing so? And does anyone know what im missing exactly like whats in the original install kit? I would appreciate any help possible as im excited that Dave had them for sale and being so close without the need for shipping :)

NE9dRPC.jpg
dt4Y4Ni.jpg
esXl2zy.jpg

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
You might actually have both lower side clips on there, try to mod your own stainless hinge connectors to the hatch (originals are unobtanium). Sorry no pics of mine atm.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might actually have both lower side clips on there, try to mod your own stainless hinge connectors to the hatch (originals are unobtanium). Sorry no pics of mine atm.
the two brackets in the pic do they go on the bottom or top? and do I have to drill into my hatch with these?

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Those two brackets normally mount on the bottom of hatch glass that louvers drop into, with a mated stainless fastener screwed on each side. It is possible the former owner just used them on the one side, but that might rattle at high speed. Upper hinges secure and allow louver to lift for glass cleaning. I hope that helps...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The two brackets normally mount on the bottom and drop into a mated stainless fastener screwed on each side. Upper hinges mount to secure, allowing the louver to lift for glass cleaning. Hope that helps...GLWT
Thanks! I think I have all figured out now :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts