Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

About 2 years ago I swaped motors in my 85 and ever since I put the new motor in my check engine lite has been on. I've tried to read the codes but I'm getting nothing. The car drives fine and gets even better mileage than it did with the old motor. I've changed 02 sensors and I've tried reseting the computer by pulling a couple of fuses and waiting a while but nothin seems to work.

Its not really bothernig me, but, its one of those mysteries I can't seem to solve.

I'd appreciate some insight.

Thanks,

Hosam

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Hosam, you said that u have an 85, right. Did that other engine that u put in have a knock sensor? cuz on my 85 i swaped in an 83 Block with 85 pistons, and the 83 block didnt have a knock sensor so i had to modify one into it. I Have that same problem where the check engine light comes on and stays on. So i know what u mean, my cars runs fine but its one of those things i could never find out how to fix :?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i had a problem with my check engine light a while back on my 84 supra. i had my supra serviced at the dealer and they ran the diagnostic test several times and the code that came up was the code for the o2 sensor.

it did not show up at all of the test but on 2 of the several tests that the tech performed on my car. the tech showed me the o2 sensor and told me it was worth a shot to replace because no other codes were showing up on the tests and my engine was in good running order.

the tech replaced my o2 sensor and my check engine light never came on since. anybody else had their o2 sensor replaced because of the check engine light?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Heh.. kinda funny you post this. I just replaced my o2 sensor, and am getting codes BECAUSE I replaced it. Never got one before I replaced it...

I get a check engine light when I am cruising @ about 2500 to 3000 rpm's and go from cruising to more than 50% throttle.

Of course, I know its because I have a shitty connection on my o2 sensor wire as I was out of solder so I just used a butt connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts