Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I finally found that jewel. I want to thank all of you that told me to keep looking. This is a 1 owner. NO rust, ALL original car in pretty good condition. I even have the window sticker when purchased on the lot.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Beautiful car! Really like that blue color. Congrats! Where did you find this jewel? Southern car I assume.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
That is a great find, Your patience and perseverance paid off well.

What is the color code?
How many miles?
I'll be polite and not ask $ but you can say if you don't mind.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Wow Congrats!! Whats the production date?? Especially since its an '86 model...

Are the floor mats original??

Dang thats [email protected]@

Shift knob has to go...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your congrats. No, I don't mind sharing the price with you. However, I would be interested to. know what your guess might be? How much would you have paid for it given the current market and what you know about mk2s? I promise not to keep you in suspense too long. I just wanted to see what a couple folks think its worth before I reveal how much damage it did to my bank account.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Unless the mileage is really really low...$5-8k if under 40K then higher...

Reactions: Tanya

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Awesome deal IMO...'86 model one owner...that color and sunroof!!

·
Founding Member
6,335 Posts
I would have guessed about $6,500 plus probably $1,600 to ship it from Lawton, putting you in it about $8,100 to your door. The front end could be fixed for probably about $1,500 - $1,800. Its hard to tell from those pics what kind of shape the paint is in, but even if really needs completely repainted, you're under the money. Good score.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Folks,

Very good guesses. I paid $7500 plus $500 shipping. If any of you find a car in this shape for 5-6k let me know because I will buy that one as well. I've been looking for a minute and never came across anything for 5k close to this condition. In fact, haven't seen a 1986 for sale in any condition. And I love the color as well. I was pretty happy to pay the asking price.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
T, my '86 has a Nov 85 build date and is 910 cars newer than the blue 86 listed above...so I'm guessing either Oct or Sep 85 build date??

·
POTATO
17,232 Posts
I'm 174500, early OCT build

*Edit

Spotted the VIN yeah his car is 400 newer than mine so about mid OCTOBER

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Hmmm thats interesting so maybe 1000 cars a month being produced back then??

OFF topic USPS says out for delivery at 423pm???

·
POTATO
17,232 Posts

Looks like
1100 in August
1130 in September
1616 in October
And who knows how many in November

Edit* I did not receive your package today, I did however get the package that was due yesterday, today... I have no idea what is going on with the mail 😩

1 - 20 of 27 Posts