Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG what could be inside!!!???

WOOT!!!!!!! 2JZ BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!:woot::woot::woot::zzzzz:

What sucks is I have no time to work on it now. I have to wait untill Sunday to touch it:sadsmilie At least its here!!!!!

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
like i told ya before, if you need help lmk. ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
nice man where did you go and how much did you pay? thats what i plan on getting in the future

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
2JZ No shit!?! lol

What's with the giant tower bar on it? It looks like a factory piece, but what car came with it?

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
speakin of which, instead of buyin a whole new 1j, why didnt you just buy a 2j bottom end and swap everything over? lol

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Ooooo, I jealous! To a point though. I don't have a supra to put that bad boy in. I will eventually though!

GL on the project and keep us updated with pictures! :D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yep it's an Aristo, they came with that giant alloy strut brace from the factory.

Slightly OT, Aristo's are now being imported into Australia. A few of my friends have them and they're an awesome bit of gear - I have a feeling this may be my next car when I offload the Century. :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
They are pouring into Canada as well . how much are they going for in Aus ? 8-10 K will get you a clean one up here ..

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Nice buy!

Are you going to keep it automatic or are you going the 5 speed route?

So many questions. haha

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice man where did you go and how much did you pay? thats what i plan on getting in the future
I paid $2600 for the clip which IMO is a pretty good price. But the shipping sucked. To get it from Cali. to Tampa, FL cost me $585!!:ugh: I bought it from this company: http://www.ctjengines.com/

Nice buy!

Are you going to keep it automatic or are you going the 5 speed route?

So many questions. haha
Ill be going with the R154 for now. Maybe later on Ill go with the v160. So far this is the plan

- GT35R
- Possibly Ebay mani not sure yet
- 700cc - 750cc inj not sure exactly which ones yet
- 3 in downpipe and exaust that ill make myself
- HKS 264's
- Electric Fans
- Twins HKS SSQV's
- 3 in intercoller piping that Ill make myself
- good size intercooler
- So far I have a single Walbro but Im not sure if Ill need a 2nd one
- Boost controller
- Apex'i SAFC 2
- Spec Stage 3+ clutch kit (7M application)
- JUN lightweight 1J flywheel
- All stainless steel braided lines.
- Adj. FPR
- 1 peice driveshaft

Cant think of anything else right now. As for cooling Im not sure if the stock aristo rad will be up to the task for cooling. Might get a Koyo or Griffing or something like that. Im hoping to make inbetween 500hp - 600hp on 93 oct. on stock bottom end. Hopefully will have it up and running by Feb. Ill start a different build thread to keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Nice, It'll nice to have somemore 2J guys around to compare setups etc. Well anymore JZ guys is great!

I'll be watching.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks I seiously cant sleep right now cuz I want to go work on it:zzzzz:. God it sucks having this and not being able to touch it till sunday. Overtime sucks right now 60hrs/wk are startin to kick my ass. I think the hardest part will be the wiring but my best friend is a wiring guru so hopefully everything goes well but I might need some help from you guys though:ugh:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I know what you mean! ha ha I finally stopped working on my conversion tonight. But I'm still researching later steps like, turbo, fuel system, etc..

Wiring is fun stuff! :D

1 - 20 of 112 Posts