Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts
I believe the website is chevy2.com or something like that. Good Luck.

ive read up on the us v8 swaps and from my understanding sell the gm crap its to wide to fit nice ive seen the 318 drop in and fairly compatable with the yota gages use a toyota 5 sp most off road shops offer adaptors the ford 5.0 fits nicely also witch means the 351 winsor ? or the cleavland will rock it witch ener was based off the 5.0 and the rac is gona need to be moved to the side witch means custom tierods and suspenshion yes i been thinking about this my self but go take a look at the rpms the hp and tork u can get outa a jap motor

ive read up on the us v8 swaps and from my understanding sell the gm crap its to wide to fit nice ive seen the 318 drop in and fairly compatable with the yota gages use a toyota 5 sp most off road shops offer adaptors the ford 5.0 fits nicely also witch means the 351 winsor ? or the cleavland will rock it witch ener was based off the 5.0 and the rac is gona need to be moved to the side witch means custom tierods and suspenshion yes i been thinking about this my self but go take a look at the rpms the hp and tork u can get outa a jap motor
There's been a few GM v8s swapped into mk2 Celica Supras. Don't lie simply because you don't like GM. By the way, try using punctuation and fix misspellings next time. It's not that hard, especially since misspelled words are underlined in red lines when typing a reply. :badger:

I have to say I'm not a Chevy guy, or really like any American cars. But my buddy is putting a 350 in an 85' rx7, strictly for drifting. can't wait to see how it turns out, I think he may make a believer in me. And the only reason i would consider something like this myself is because of cost & sheer performance for the dollar. if you can find something that you can make more hp per dollar with I'd like to know what is is.

VERY BEST HP per dollor? 4.8 chevy truck engine turboed Sir!

Trying to find a chevy 350 myself for cheap. Not having any luck I plan on doing this swap. Also super cheap aftermarket support with less complications imo

Being a guy that has owned a 80's f-body with a 350 and a supra I will say the 350 will be fun but it'll be carbed and carbs suck. Go EFi. You can grab all the parts in any junk yard for cheap. The TBI is the same whether it's on a 2.8 or a 454, only difference is the injector size. Go Vortec head and tuned port with runners and 400 horses easy. Did I mention I hated my f-body. It idled for shit but it was sure did shit and git

Carbs only suck if you don't know how to tune them.A $400 carb vs $1500+++ EFI,dude say he's on the cheap.Carb that sucker.

EFI 1500$????
What the heck are you looking at?
Get a 4.8 or 5.3 from the yard for 500 WITH the EFI attached, just sayin.....
I've seen them on Craigs for 300-400$.....
The chevy truck engines run forever, so don't sweat the milage, follow Kieths simple LS1 swap (stay away from my not so simple ongoing swap)

The hard part-
figuring out the wiring and maybe trans tunnel mods
Making your own motor mounts (trans mount uses stock supra mount with a little modding)
Finding a wrecked Camaro SS-than strip it and sell all the parts for cost free swap-that's what I'm doing-actually I've made a bit for cash, but the swaps not done soooo....

The expensive part
Getting some stock GTO exhaust manifolds
The 300+$ speedo conversion box.
Getting the uber expensive GTO oil pan and related parts-this sucker is EXPENSIVE!!!!!!
Getting a 1500$ low mile 5.3 with a transmission from the yards instead looking around for a deal, or a high mile engine trans combo for much less.

EVERYBODY on the planet with the exception of the CelicaSupra community has figured out this swap, it's the most logical/best option for our cars.
There millions upon millions of LS series engines around the world, parts are easily obtained, and the engines make incredible HP even stock- a measly newer 4.8 is around 300 hp and 300 ft lbs (rated in 1970 that's about 350+ hp) and guys in NBS full sized trucks get these engines into the 12" in the 1/4 mile-with full bolt ons cam and stall,gears 12.9 and on a 75 shot of nitrous 12.0- shave 1453 pounds off that for a 3k lbs Supra= lotsa fun! BTW, the LS engines tolerate alot more than a 75 shot of nitrous in stock form..
I swear, if I had the time, and finished my harder than it needs to be swap, I'd make a motor mount kit with tutorial on how to swap these engines in the ma60 chassis.
I will admit that the most durable manual transmissions choices are expensive t56, or you could even use the R154 or W58, people have used the old Camaro T5's and muncie's other than that- whats taking us so long to get on board?

ALSO, for the people who just have to have turbo lag-no wait, that's for the small displacement engines not the v8's- I've read articles where they pulled 1200 hp out of a 4.8 with an improved head and ring gaping, 12lbs of boost on a stock 4.8=500+ RWHP.....or 500 rwp out of a (very expensive) NA 5.7 liter. The options or innumerable! ;)

Yeah. But it's not a true Toyota heart though :sarcasm: Just saying.

EVERYBODY on the planet with the exception of the CelicaSupra community has figured out this swap, it's the most logical/best option for our cars.
I agree. Still blows my mind how people think this swap doesn't make sense.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.