Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts
My bad,I don't buy other peoples junk parts off craigs list.You get what you pay for in my book.Look into any GOOD aftermarket EFI set-up for any V8 and it'll cost you around 1500 bucks.Most times there is a hidden reason why someone sells shit cheap.Just sayin'.

Yaaaahhhhh, ok. Not to poke ya in the keester Talksoup......buuuuut

That stock, used junk lasts for a LOOOOOONG LOOOOONG time, parts can be found nearly any where in the world,any local JY has parts to repair the used junk for cheap, and anyone using an after market EFI set up just likes wasting time and money.
Why in the world would you not use a stock set up that can be easily tuned-instead of a small out put REALLY expensive EFI setup thats going to be a pain to tune/adjust.
As far as using some one else's junk- JY usually give a return if FUBAR'd clause...and as always-buyer beware.

So, don't waste time and lots of money on unnecessary after market parts when the GM engineering division has spent millions to produced reliable and flexible products that will do whats needed at a good price, and that has a massive after market.
Fancy after market EFI is for wealthy people who don't know about the flexibility of GM products and the massive after market support it has. Example, I don't drive all the way to southern California for my Avocado's- I just drive to the local grocery store down the street, they both do the same job in my belly -one just route makes more sense.

Well we def agree on the old saying about opinions;)

It is VERY unfortunately that my sig is a REALITY/TRUTH- not an opinion. But you gotta get past all the talking heads lying to you. Do a little research......
Wake up America!- This includes you TS.
BTW I think you need to truck over to LS1 tech and do a little research there regarding EFI. Just sayin ;)

Your funny.I've been awake ever since I fought for my country,been to more other countries than I can remember,and seen more things than you ever will.I get what your point is,I think your a tool for thinking that becouse you posted some political rambling on some piss-ass forum that you are spreading your patriotic wings.I think 'tis you that should open your eyes and maybe take a differant media to get your point across.And as far as the ls1 tech...I've actually owned them.Three to be exact and I know how tuneable the ECU's are.
Back to the actuall topic.My point was just that,after market.Bolt on and go.There is a little more work involved with the factory set-up.Get off your soap box.

OK TS, lets Pm so we don't clutter this thread up any more, BTW, when you start calling names-you only degrade yourself.
Also, I'm ex military -but you don't see me playing that card every time some ones opinion is different than mine(sound familiar?)

the reason people arnt on the bandwagon of ls swaps in the mk2 chasis is because the front sump the car requires makes it kind of a pita, and the 2jz fits like a glove. now a mk3, yeah, id swap it to a 5.3 with a twinscroll turbo setup and built 4l80e without thinking about it. the fiance's colorado will be getting a 5.3l after the 84 and 86 mk2's are done.

I really would not classify the required front sump LS a pita. Original motor is front sump also! The problem arises when swappers try to put the motor way too far to the rear just to say they did. That couple of inches causes a whole host of issues that can simply be avoided by locating the front pulley right where the original was and just be happy! Years of of fun driving my swap while watching endless debating and head scratching on how to move the motor back a couple inches. I just do not understand! For a track only car maybe, but seriously who road races a 30 year old Toyota? Just my two cents.
Keith

OK TS, lets Pm so we don't clutter this thread up any more, BTW, when you start calling names-you only degrade yourself.
Also, I'm ex military -but you don't see me playing that card every time some ones opinion is different than mine(sound familiar?)
Your EX-Military for sure.Most people that actually made a differance are prior-service.Once again proving yourself a TOOL.

This is not the place for political BS. I check this thread to see progress on an engine swap, not to view the political opinions of other users.

I wanna see more of this swap!

so i got to page 4 of all the arguing and nonsense and I think this build should be done to show everyone whats up with a 350... you get a 350 4 bolt main and stroke it to a 383... HP isnt everything.... while your 7m is spooling that 383 is already there and gone. Engine acceleration trumps HP every time unless its a MASSIVE difference in power. I've watched a 450 hp 383 demolish a turbo 600 hp car...

I would really really love to see our cars with a 383 with good head work done in our car and make it hook up. The car would be an absolute animal, throw a nice supercharger on that engine and try and keep the wheels on the ground. There's a reason V-8's and I-6's/V-6's are classed differently and I hate to say it but there is NO replacement for displacement. Plus you can build a 383 with junkyard parts for like a $1000 just takes the time to do the research and find the right parts which are friggen everywhere because its a chev... lol

anywho my 2 cents and I would like to see this baby done!

If its cheap and easy your going for then go ford 302 with a gm hei conversion. One wire fuel and fire it up. The t5 is almost an exact fit convert to hydralic throwout bearing new d-shaft ans voila your done. It also has a shorter deck height and narrower V plus front sump already. Done did the Sbc mock up and parts collection when it came to the oil system i moved on and sold everything and went back to stock. Not worth the money time or hassle. Hell i get 30mpg out of my 5m and 4:30 gears so ill just stay with it lol

81 - 100 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.