Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I posted this on yahoo a couple of months ago. This is what I was told by a mk2 owner (not a club member) He said they are the same height and diameter but they are stiffer and should result in a faster valve train.
I dont know if this is accurate. I am thinking of doing it.
-Wil

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The problem with stiffer valve springs is that it will add more drag to the valve train too...which will eat up horsepower. If your building a beast of a motor, then they may be neccasary, but IMO, its not needed on a stock or mildly modded motor.

·
Registered
159 Posts
sorry to bring this back from the dead. However is this true that you can use the valves from a chevy small block ?? I assume its suppose to be a 5.7L engine. if so is it LT1, LS1... something else ?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Unless you are significantly raising your redline, and are concerned with valve float, higher spring rates not only consume more power, but also flatten cam lobes much more rapidly. Ask me how I know.:duh:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I guess I was asking more due to I was curious about replacement Valve springs from a chevy would be cheaper than trying to source some valve springs from a very old car thats not really supported anymore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts