Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Questions

I'm in need of The Front crossmember. I''m hoping someone near the area has a parts car that wouldn't mind me buying it from them. If anyone has this please pm me with price and location. Also If anyone has a good condition steering intermediate shaft the one closest to the rack and pinion please also pm me with price thank you for all your help guys.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I'm in need of The Front crossmember. I''m hoping someone near the area has a parts car that wouldn't mind me buying it from them. ...
I don't recall anybody parting-out a MKII in the immediate area recently. Possible help can be found in Indiana / Wis - check-out their CL adds. Have you checked the bone yards? What part of the city are you in?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in the northside of chicago. Ive gone to a various junkyards here in chicago and in Indiana but no luck. Do you know of anywhere (even if it's not in the city) that I might find something? And thanks so much, I'll check craigslist for IN/Wis.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The crossmemeber is the part that the engine mounts bolt to correct? (just in front of the ps rack?) I have a parts car, I pulled the engine today. I'll check the condition of it.

I'm located south of Des Moines, Idk if you'd want to make a trip over.

If you're interested pm me and i'll get some pics for you if it's in good condition.

Tony

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot To make the trip seems a little to far for what i'm driving right now. sent pm regarding shipping if willing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THanks For all your help guys I got one from boneyard. I question i do have is There wouldnt be a problem if it came out of a auto car right? Since my car is manual Crossmembers would be the same they dont change right?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
The engine crossmembers are all the same from 1982 thru late 85 (entire run of this body style). The Supra crossmember IS different from a Celica, so the Celica one won't work (I personally tried it years ago with my 83).

Did you get a steering intermediate shaft yet? If not, I have one loose here that I can post pics of in a few minutes. I saved it off of an 85 steering rack that I bought, knowing sooner or later someone would be looking for one. :) I'll edit this post when the pics are uploaded.

Edit: pics up! Shaft is dry, u-joint is smooth and snug, no slop.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Got the money, thanks! Dan is heading to the PO to mail it as I type. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts