Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
Mileage not stated? Expected to be high...

cl said:
EXCEPTIONAL '85 Toyota Supra! (Fishers, In)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-11-11, 4:28PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Family and space considerations are forcing me to depart with my beloved Supra. I’ve owned this car since Jan. 1986 and have always found it to be a joy to drive. I’m the second owner, (the first owner traded it in after just a few months of buying it). The car was rust proofed when new and also had a car alarm system installed. Since I’ve never had to use it for commuting it has stayed garaged and rarely driven in inclement weather. The original paint is in very good condition, with just a couple of very small rust areas starting to show up along the sunroof edge. It also has one mysterious small (quarter size) dent on the roof edge by the windshield.
Everything works on the car with the exception of the electric antennae. It has been disconnected after it stopped working properly a couple of weeks age (small plastic piece broke within the assembly).
Within the last 5000 miles the timing belt was replaced as well as the starter, battery, ignition relay & switch assembly and spark plug wires/rotor. All repairs have either been done at the Toyota dealership or at a foreign car specialty repair shop. The oil is religiously changed every 3000 miles and the antifreeze is flushed/replaced every two years. I’ve kept this car in very good condition and have repair records for most major repairs.
The leather interior is in great condition with the original floor mats in new condition (have always used other mats). The stereo was replaced with an Alpine stereo/CD player. The original stereo w/equalizer will come with the car but needs repaired. The car has a full spare with an alloy wheel. I also have an extra tire that will come with the car. The tires are relatively new with approx. 13,000 miles.
The car has an automatic transmission that allows you to disengage the overdrive and you can also switch to “power” mode which changes the shift points for better performance.
The air conditioner was changed from Freon to R134A coolant, but will need charged for optimal performance next summer.
This car has been pampered and never driven hard. If you’re a lover of the ‘85 Supra this one is truly exceptional!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

--billyM

·
Registered
434 Posts
he wants 4900. the mileage is 121470. i sent him in email when he first posted. i dont know i think its a bit much for automatic and mileage.maybe wrong

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
If the paint and body trim are in good shape and there is no rust, that's 3-4 grand right there IMO. You just cannot re-do it and get all the stuff for less, can you?

·
Registered
434 Posts
If the paint and body trim are in good shape and there is no rust, that's 3-4 grand right there IMO. You just cannot re-do it and get all the stuff for less, can you?

yeah i agree wth 3-4k but i cant imagine paying 5k for it. i'll buy tlksman supra with enkies and new interior ect. for 4k before buying this one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I assumed to hear around the $5k mark. I bet he'll get it if he advertises around some high schools in the spring. I've noticed mine gets a lot of looks; almost makes me nervous!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I saw one @ a dealership that was ebayed a while back ago (indianapolis area)and they were asking 5 k and the lower part of the quarters had rust. i dont know man i think i've been around these cars and this forum long enough to know what they are worth.... (to me at least) and i certainly wouldnt pay 5k for this one. it's a nice car from what seen on the pics, i know these cars are getting harder to find in decent shape but i dont think this one gets 5k. I'm pretty sure sentimental value is added on to that sale price he probably feels he'll be giving it away if sold for less than what he's asking because of the money,years and effort put into the car.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
yeah i agree wth 3-4k but i cant imagine paying 5k for it. i'll buy tlksman supra with enkies and new interior ect. for 4k before buying this one.
I would too, tiksman's car is sweet and I cannot believe someone has not bought it yet. Have to think on ebay it would sell easy. Maybe that means I should get it :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would too, tiksman's car is sweet and I cannot believe someone has not bought it yet. Have to think on ebay it would sell easy. Maybe that means I should get it :)
man if i had 4k there will be a storage spot cleared for that car to go straight into while i drool at the thought of driving it in the spring after the salt clears.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Careful, Eric...you may be coming down with a case of MSS!:woot:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I believe he means $3-4k for the paint and trim ALONE! Is the rest of the car worth $1k? Get real guys/gals! Even if you could buy a complete factory-quality paint job (glass, trim, underhood stuff removed, strip and paint) for $4k, which I highly doubt, IT STILL WOULD NOT BE ORIGINAL! If this car is as good as it appears it is easily worthe what he's asking - and if you don't believe it just wait until next year or the year after that, I remember back in the late 50s early sixties when I thought $3-4k was too much for a Duesenberg. I was obviously wrong wasn't I? :eekfacepalm:

Bob Youcan'tpaytoomuchyoucanonlybuytoosoon Shapton

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I believe he means $3-4k for the paint and trim ALONE! Is the rest of the car worth $1k? Get real guys/gals! Even if you could buy a complete factory-quality paint job (glass, trim, underhood stuff removed, strip and paint) for $4k, which I highly doubt,
What he said...

You can't even get the original rocker panels and belt line trim. A car without rust, good paint and trim is a diamond in the rough. People are going to start to realize that soon. Look at the growing restoration section here, $3-4k comes up real quick if you want things really nice. Just sayin'........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts