Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a couple of classic bikes over the weekend to add to the collection:::
Mainly mountain bikes for me, totalling over 60 currently all basically NOS:ugh::::...I do however have 10 or so vintage road bikes.

88 Fisher CR-7
Trek 8300

POST EM UP IF YOU HAVE EM.......

1988 Introduction of the Fisher CR-7, a collaboration combining Gary's renowned frame design and Richard Cunningham's expertise at joining aluminum and chrome-moly. Fisher racers, Mike Kloser and Sara Ballantyne win the Iditabike 200 Mile Snow Race in Alaska and the European World Off-road Championships. Bicycle Guide Magazine names the titanium Fisher Prometheus the "Best of 88". Gary is inducted at the inaugural Mountain Bike Hall of Fame in Crested Butte. Riding a tandem with Sara Ballantyne, Gary and Sara win the tandem category and place 13th overall in the 150mile Desert to the Sea race.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
vintage Ross Mt. Hood Bicycles x 3

Pretty rare to have one of these things in NOS condition;;;;;

x 3...lol !

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
I have an 1995 8700SHX which is similiar to your 8300.

3 main tubes are carbon fiber bonded to T6061 stays and head tube.

'95 was the last of production for this design, and Trek added the RoxShox Judy XC front end.

Grouppo is a mix of Shimano LX and XT components.

the OCLV bar ends are period correct, but I added the Rolf wheels abt 4 years ago when I wore out the originals.

makes a great rider...

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Im sure all the old timers here will be sick of these pix, ive posted them hundreds of times, but for the noobs...

I used to be a huge vintage Schwinn collector/restorer.

This is first Stingray... 1963-1/2 Standard in Flamboyant Lime

1965 Super Deluxe... Sky Blue added lotsa chrome and whitewalls, and the cool springer front fork.

Also has a Bendix 2-speed kickback hub.

1966 5 Speed Fastback in Radiant Coppertone... the lightweight Stingray.

Thinner tires, less rolling resistance, top bar Stik Shift, deep tufted saddle.

1968 Mini Twinn in Campus Green

Considered the holy grail of Stingrays by many. It was one of the the only 20 inch wheeled tandems ever made, and was a sales flop. Ive been told only several hundred were made before the plug was pulled.

Bendix 2 speed kickback hub. This one is an original survivor.

1968 Run-A-Bout in Sierra Brown... also an all-original survivor

3 speed trigger shifter.

1972 Apple Krate in Flamboyant Red... 5 speed stik, drum brake in front, disc brake in rear.

I painted the red line tires myself because a actual vintage pair wldve cost me 1500 bux to find.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greg G, awesome 8700...love the look !!!!

I see your 8700 and raise you 8900, GOT 9000 ? lol..
Not you got me reaching in the rafters......ha ha !!

I will never get sick of your collection...just awesome !! selling anything ?

Purple::

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
And the newer ish...

2005 Schwinn Spoiler adult chopper... I modded it by added a Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub and grip shifter

Even frenched in the extra shift cables to match the factory tube-routed brake cables.

I powder coated the rims black, they were candy red.

Also added the vintage brown saddle and matching grips/tassels.

2005 Trek Rail CNC cruiser... limited production and uber rare.

Frame top tube is CNC'd from billet... just gorgeous to look at, and to ride.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Love the second to last pic with the holes in the frame rail. That is now my desktop, Thanks!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Greg G,
I have one of those CNC rail cruisers hanging on the wall.....funny, @ 1100.00 they were not very popular....lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
well i just have had a lot of bikes

and those are only about 1/3 of the bikes ive owned and it excludes my BMX bikes

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts

Restored this vintage Schwinn super sport to ride to class but the frame was too small so I sold it and built a single speed/fixed gear road bike(which i cant find pictures of).

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ that is cool...looks like a great wheelie bike :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
love that bike David.

is that the original color, or did you just bogart the Bianchi scheme yourself?
Original was a red/white fade. Check the pic below.) I saw a similar OE Schwinn on campus with the color and decided I wanted to replicate. Bought some NOS decals off ebay to complete the package. The seat was also later replaced with a NOS selle italia turbo saddle.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts