Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday I took my gas tank off and cleaned it out. Today I finally got to put it back on and when I went to start it, it ran for about 2 seconds and then died on me. Then I realized I had forgotten to plug the connection for the fuel level sending unit, so I went and plugged it back in. Now the car wont start at all. I disconnected the battery twice now to reset the ECU and that hasn't helped. My fuel pump is outside the tank so i never messed with it. I know fuel is making it all the way to the outlet on the fuel filter but I dont get any fuel on the return line at the tank. Anybody got any ideas on what could be wrong?

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
your fuel filter may have just packed it in. I know, it sounds weird, you think they wouldn't just go like that but it happens. Elevation changes are usually what does them in if they're old, but maybe draining the fuel lines gunked them up or something.

Did you undo something under the hood? Pull a relay, a check connector anything like that maybe?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it to start after many many cranks. :roll: I was told it could have been a large amount of air in the lines somewhere or vaporlocked. :roll:

·
Registered
306 Posts
There are TWO connectors for the fuelpump, did you get them both? One is on a very long cable and is round, the other is very short and square. In the hatch there is a small access panel, looks like a gas tank filler area. it is held with 3 screws, under it are/should be both connectors.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My fuel pump is outside the tank so I only have one connector and I didn't mess with the pump at all. The pump was replaced about a year ago. Its running just fine now so thanks for all the help :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts