Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a reasonabley priced shop in Calgary or western Canada that cleans/tests injectors...and how much should this cost-approx.?

Thanks
-Wil

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey a few years ago there was a place that speacialized in MK2 supras
Vladimir,s Import Car Service
he had guys from the US fix there cars.
Dont know if he is still in buisness but he was a friend of Reg and I did a few repairs myself when I had a Ohhh redsupra..
Anyways he owns an mk2
Here I have his card #109,3208-8avenue N.E.
Calgary Ab PH:(403)248-7870
try see how it goes, he was cheaper than Toyota. dealers :)

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
I paid 25 bucks each to have each one flow tested, sonic cleaned, new filter installed, then re flow tested. Made a huge difference in the fuel economy on car they were for as 2 of the injectors were flowing about 25 percent less then they should have been.

The actual flow testing test is pretty simple and is fully described in the FSRM, but you need a couple special items. One is a SST that is just a resister to hook up between +12v, unfortuantly it doesn't say the resistence of the SST. And you will need a graduated cylinder and some hose and such. You can also buy the filters directly from a fuel injection shop and change them yourself but you still won't be able to replicate the sonic bath, but you might be do ok with some injector cleaner or intake manifold cleaner and the SST or home made version.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dzone said:
Here I have his card #109,3208-8avenue N.E.
Calgary Ab PH:(403)248-7870
:)
Wow thats like 5 blocks from my house...I could walk there but I will probably drive it :roll:

-Thanks.
-Wil

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sonic cleaning...Hmmm the jewelry store at the mall does ultrasonic cleaning I wonder if I can talk them into it :lol:

-Wil

·
Registered
21 Posts
The actual flow testing is that done with gasoline, i think it could be a very hazardous thing to do with all those gas fumes, especially if you just lighted a cigarette !!! ouch

·
Registered
118 Posts
Injector cleaning

Still looking for the answer...where in Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton, can I send some injectors for thorough cleaning. All the local dealer/repair shops CLAIM they clean injectors properly, but not one anywhere in my area actually has a bench system. I pressed one service rep, and he admitted all they do is run an injector cleaner through the system - for which they advertise the "special" price of $49.99, only about 10x the price of a can if injector cleaner.

Ken

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Look under fuel injection in the yellow pages. I went to Fred Holmes Fuel injection in Vancouver, but Jim's Fuel Injection does it too, also in Van.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Reg Riemer at RCTS in calgary has a new injector bench. He does balancing and cleaning in house.

www.monsterhorsepower.com

No better guy to talk to about MKII's =)

Aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts