Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, the time has come to start downsizing my 30 year collection of MK2 parts, so I will start with some rare maroon leather interior. Much of this I have been collecting since the late 80s, and the real gems are these leather rear seat backs and bottoms. These are in stellar shape, although somewhat dried with surface imperfections, but no holes, wear, sun char or depth cracks. With proper treatment with leather conditioners, these could become supple again. I only need one set to rebuild my firebombed 84, so the rest are now available. These are Canadian seats, and not exposed to the inferno heat in the south, so they are 7 or 8/10 condition. Price will depend on condition of course, but I'll start it at $250 for the lowest grade pair of seat backs, or bottom.
There are 3 pairs of seat backs, and 2 seat bottoms available, and I will sell in sets or backs/bottoms only. If you only need one back, I'd suggest sell the good one you have and put in a matched pair. These have all been cleaned with environmentally friendly (gentle) cleanser, and then treated with Mink oil (don't ask me how hard you have to squeeze a mink to get the oil out) I also have a mint black 84 cloth rear set, and very clean 84 maroon and 83 black/grey cloth rears. Much, much more to come..... I just spotted another 3 pairs of rear seats in fact

The pics shown are overall, the folders below indicate specific components.

Maroon leather seat back set #2

Maroon leather seat back set #3

Maroon leather seat back set #4

Maroon leather seat bottom #2

Maroon leather seat bottom #3

Automotive design Automotive tire Food Font Auto part

Brown Comfort Wood Armrest Tints and shades

Food Ingredient Rectangle Cuisine Material property

Automotive design Automotive lighting Chair Tints and shades Auto part

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille Vehicle Tie

Brown Purple Food Material property Tints and shades

Sports equipment Personal protective equipment Font Metal Confectionery

Brown Material property Dessert Rectangle Fashion accessory

Brown Product Comfort Green Red

Reactions: ddd228 and gamble

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you come up with a decent maroon leather front seat, I'm all ears. Those rears look fantastic though!
If I do, they are going into my own car. ;o) I have a feeling I might have to get leathers to make a good front pair, and hope they match the rears. Or I'll let my mint rears go and redo a shoddy set.

·
aka Mr Whisker
4,044 Posts
If I do, they are going into my own car. ;o) I have a feeling I might have to get leathers to make a good front pair, and hope they match the rears. Or I'll let my mint rears go and redo a shoddy set.
You've got enough leather pieces to do a set of front seats. I reused TC back seat leather to redo mine. Worked out great!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You've got enough leather pieces to do a set of front seats. I reused TC back seat leather to redo mine. Worked out great!
Agreed, and I've stashed a load of headrests for that purpose. Got any pics of yours? Curious to see how the stitching looks on repurposed leather.

Reactions: 1982 Dragon

·
Registered
83 Turbo '84 Dk Blue Auto-> 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,626 Posts
"Sorta" related.... for those of you that don't know... you can use the leather from (extra ??) Headrests ... to use as Material to recover the Centre Console Armrest... There are (Upholsterer ) people who re-do seats for Tow Motors & other Industrial type vehicles that ppl are constantly jumping in & out of ...so that the seats are always wearing out ..

So if you source out someone like this...you can have Urself a "New" Center Console lid...& often the colour will have faded "just" enough... to match your interior perfectly...

Alternately, Furniture Upholsterer's ... might be able to help... but I'd give preference to someone who does "Seats" all the time... This has been a Public Service Announcement, LOL

Cheers,

·
Registered
588 Posts
Suprafanatic, by chance do you have the sunvisors from a maroon interior (so ivory visors), the upper left driver side dash defroster vent, or an original manual transmission shift knob (I don't care about color as Ill have it reupholstered, just so long as the plastic gear pattern is nice)?

Thanks,

Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts