Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone has an enjoyable Thanksgiving, spend time with family, be safe!

The CF Hood project has come to the point of testing fitting the first produced hood. Once it's verified to fit properly, production can begin, and hopefully sales!

I had hoped to trailer my Supra down to S.Calif to the Advan Carbon facility to test fit to my car, but paint work and some body repair is taking longer than expected, so I'll need the assistance of a few Supra owners to volunteer their cars for test fitting and pictures. Must be straight bodies, no damage, pictures will be taken. Every effort will be made to remove and replace your stock hood into the same mounted position. You will be assisting in the development of one of the very few CF Hoods available for our Mk2 Supras!

There will be refreshments, snacks, a nice casual gathering to visit and share. I believe some Celica owners might attend also as they have a CF Hood coming out also. Thanks to Advan Carbon for providing the time and space for this meeting on a saturday, as they are normally closed on weekends.

Event info:

Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
About 11am

Advan Carbon
2321 East Del Amo Blvd
Rancho Dominguez, Ca 90220

I'll be driving down after work on Friday night, arrive Saturday morning.

Hope many Supra owners can attend! Good opportunity to check out the CF Hood if you have any interest in purchase. There may be a limited number of hoods available at the discounted price, after that all retail sales are handled only through Advan Carbon. Details of my group buy will be posted as soon as fitment is verified.

Let me know if you think you can attend (y), and/or willing for a test fit of the CF Hood (y).

Don L.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know how I can make this get together better for all. Any parts I can reasonably bring down from SF Bay area for members, or use this as a swap meet for you guys, whatever. Lmk.

Don L.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Awesome!!!

I can't wait to see it on a car :) - just wish I was closer, I'd be there as well.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shameless plug, I have some parts for sale in the classified section. Anything that I can bring down to the meet, be glad to do so! If anyone around the Compton area wants to have a modidied OBX 5mge header to mess with, I'll sell it for $20 and bring it down for pickup on 12/1. I don't want to package/ship this thing!

Don L.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I wish I was home so I can go too. You guys have fun. And glad to hear that someone is willing to make products for our cars.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, would be good to meet some members, share some info, stories :)

Sorry u can't make it!

Don

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Subscribed. Eager to see the final product test fitted.
Good job on getting this going. Hopefully if this is successful we can see some cf hatches.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok guys! Weather is looking better now, had me a bit concerned. Chance of rain is very low now, seems like it will be a very pleasant saturday!

You S.Calif guys, come on out and just say hi!

Don

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Anyone have spare parts layng around? I need the heat/ac sensor that attaches to the passenger side headlight motor. None of the 3 yards around me have anything in them.

I'll have my carbon fiber hood on my car, so we can compare them.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*** Due to a scheduling conflict, Advan will not be available to meet this saturday, 12/1. We are working on an alternate meeting date/time ! ***

I will update as soon as I get new info! So sorry guys!

Don L.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Austin, I was really (and still am) looking forward to meeting you and Dave on this trip. Hopefully we can resched for following few weeks.

If I have a chance to hit a pick npull, will look for that temp sensor, but I bet supradad has one kicking around.

Don

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Bummer about the reschedule, but it actually works better for me. I was going to have to leave early for my cousins wedding, so this should work out better.

Is supradad near you?

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bummer about the reschedule, but it actually works better for me. I was going to have to leave early for my cousins wedding, so this should work out better.

Is supradad near you?
Supradad is about a 1/2 hr away.

Don L.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.