Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[CLOSED] CF Hood Test Fitting and Supra Meet in S.Calif

17K views 59 replies 24 participants last post by  Don L. 
#1 ·
Hope everyone has an enjoyable Thanksgiving, spend time with family, be safe!

The CF Hood project has come to the point of testing fitting the first produced hood. Once it's verified to fit properly, production can begin, and hopefully sales!

I had hoped to trailer my Supra down to S.Calif to the Advan Carbon facility to test fit to my car, but paint work and some body repair is taking longer than expected, so I'll need the assistance of a few Supra owners to volunteer their cars for test fitting and pictures. Must be straight bodies, no damage, pictures will be taken. Every effort will be made to remove and replace your stock hood into the same mounted position. You will be assisting in the development of one of the very few CF Hoods available for our Mk2 Supras!

There will be refreshments, snacks, a nice casual gathering to visit and share. I believe some Celica owners might attend also as they have a CF Hood coming out also. Thanks to Advan Carbon for providing the time and space for this meeting on a saturday, as they are normally closed on weekends.

Event info:

Saturday, Dec 1, 2012
About 11am

Advan Carbon
2321 East Del Amo Blvd
Rancho Dominguez, Ca 90220

I'll be driving down after work on Friday night, arrive Saturday morning.

Hope many Supra owners can attend! Good opportunity to check out the CF Hood if you have any interest in purchase. There may be a limited number of hoods available at the discounted price, after that all retail sales are handled only through Advan Carbon. Details of my group buy will be posted as soon as fitment is verified.

Let me know if you think you can attend (y), and/or willing for a test fit of the CF Hood (y).

Don L.

See less See more
#9 ·
Awesome!!!

I can't wait to see it on a car :) - just wish I was closer, I'd be there as well.

#10 ·
Shameless plug, I have some parts for sale in the classified section. Anything that I can bring down to the meet, be glad to do so! If anyone around the Compton area wants to have a modidied OBX 5mge header to mess with, I'll sell it for $20 and bring it down for pickup on 12/1. I don't want to package/ship this thing!

Don L.

#15 ·
Anyone have spare parts layng around? I need the heat/ac sensor that attaches to the passenger side headlight motor. None of the 3 yards around me have anything in them.

I'll have my carbon fiber hood on my car, so we can compare them.

#17 ·
Hey Austin, I was really (and still am) looking forward to meeting you and Dave on this trip. Hopefully we can resched for following few weeks.

If I have a chance to hit a pick npull, will look for that temp sensor, but I bet supradad has one kicking around.

Don

#23 ·
The CF hood will not be using the struts to lift. Those thingies attached to your shoulders will do the work :)

Seriously, estimated weight around 22lbs, stock is more like 47 lbs, you will need a hood rod or something to prop the hood open. Stock hinges will still be used. Stock latch style too. They always suggest hood latches to be added, but an individual choice for sure.

Don L.

#21 ·
don L . . . you think i would be able go if i dont got a supra? i wanna ask question and talk with the cs member's and meeting you and getting some advice on supra's etc.. i just hope the meeting is in the weeken and isnt late afternoon since i got work

#22 ·
Of course you can attend! Gosh, I'm the last person to be biased here. You wanna talk Supras, come on out. I just hope we can get a few members to show. Its gettng into the holiday season and people get kinda busy. Still hope to meet up, test fit, and yes hoping on another saturday!

Don L.

#24 ·
NEW DATE FOR THE CF HOOD TEST FITTING MEET !!!

Saturday, Dec. 15, 11am , at Advan Carbon warehouse.
2321 East Del Amo Blvd
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220

Sorry for the date change! Still very excited to get this project onto sales !!

Don L.

#28 ·
Hey Everyone! The Supra CF Hood test fitting Meet is still on! Next Saturday, Dec 15th, 11am at the Advan Carbon Warehouse. See above for address.

Would be great to get a bunch of S.Calif members to chat up our cars! If you want to see what a CF Hood looks like on your car come on down!

I should have an excellent white OEM hood available for sale at this meet too! My modified OBX header is still available for cheap! (see parts for sale ad)

Mark your calendars, I just confirmed the day with the Advan guys!

Don L.

ps: I expect to have my Supra put back together by next weekend, so my car should be coming down too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.