Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
i'll be in as well. definitely interested to see if they would do any sort of vents as i really would like them since i have owned a CFX hood previously and told myself that i would not buy another CF hood without functional vents. if they can do that as an option then include me in the production run of the 1st ten hoods

great work Don L!

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Thank you everyone for the kind responses! Happy to say this project seems to be a success (at least I came home with 2 CF hoods, and 1 OEM hood), but without trying to sound like a hoarder, I am currently putting together the Purchase Info, will be on the Group Buy section of CS.com forum. Tell your friends!
I feel the pricing will be very attractive, hopefully not too complicated, but please understand to get this project started, I personally put down ALL THE DEPOSITS for the 10 hoods of this group buy deal (mine are not counted as part of the 10), so I had to come up with a price that would be great for everyone, yet also fair for me to recoup some of the expenses. Please review the directions for the steps to purchase a CF Hood when I post it tonight. Of course PM or email me should you have any questions. There will be only 10 hoods for sale at the group price. That was my original agreement with Advan to do this project. Of course they will want to sell more hoods than 10, but they also want (and need) to make a reasonable profit, its a business afterall. I, on the other hand had a singular goal of obtaining a CF hood for myself (nobody was making them) and creating a source for others to purchase hoods into the future. As part of my "deal" to work with Advan to make the mold, by providing a donor hood, test fitting, getting info out to Supra owners, we get a discount, albeit on a limited quantity. Not to say another deal couldn't be made in the future with Advan, afterall, the mold is now available, but a future group buy will have the usual tendencies and limitations of any group buy. This present deal is to sell hoods, no hitting up members for deposits and wait for enough deposits to arrive before production, then the wait. This is like putting a deposit down on buying a limited production car. You know its coming, and its coming very soon, your deposit dictates which production number you get. Deposits will not hold a hood for purchase an unlimited time. When your hood is available, completion of payment will be required (plus any taxes, shipping, extra requested options, etc). I felt the need to throw this info out there, as I am kinda anal about details and honesty.

On to the lighter stuff:

Thanks to all these guys for coming out and sharing/helping. Hope you all had a good time! Dave, Josh, Alfredo, Danny, Alex, Saul, Karlton. If I left out anyone, wish I could have chatted more with each!

Special thanks to Don (ADVAN CARBON) for hosting and agreeing to take on this small scale project. The food and drink provided, the friendliness, the opportunity to meet and ask question with the actual manufacturer was awesome! Don's company not only makes an incredible large line of automobile body accessories, but he is the exclusive importer for products like Veilside and ChargeSpeed. Needless to say, he runs a substantial operation!

Thanks to Dave for helping with the test fitting, and all the great pics seen above. Same kudos to Alex for posting pics above and onto Facebook. So great to meet all the guys. Wish more had a chance to come out, but I realize with the holidays around the corner, it was tough time.

So, from discussions in August this year, to ready to start taking orders now, not too bad. I hope everyone enjoys the hoods. They are beautiful!

Don L.

Was the CFX hood made this way as well?
Very similar! The liner and underhood finishing is very close. These have an extra layer on the underside that probably helps with the rigidity I'm guessing.

85Soops, it is possible to add vents to any hood, theres a few options out there.

Congrats for seeing this through Don! The hood looks real good!

Discussion starter · #57 ·
i'll be in as well. definitely interested to see if they would do any sort of vents as i really would like them since i have owned a CFX hood previously and told myself that i would not buy another CF hood without functional vents. if they can do that as an option then include me in the production run of the 1st ten hoods

great work Don L!
I believe Don at ADVAN CARBON has some vents that can be added after hood production. Of course they won't be molded into the hood, but more of a retrofit. Still functional, but everyone has an opinion on style, so I'm leaving that part alone!

Hey Seamus, thanks and with any luck at all, my CF Hood will be visting Packwood this coming year, finally! Keeping everything running and together seems to be the challenge :)

Don L.

Awesome work! Is it safe to say that a hatch could be a possibility in the future?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.