Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being new to the whole standard driving thing... (3 months or so) I was curious as to what everyones techniques were, both for standard driving and when they are racing. Also being nobody taught me how to drive standard, I bought the car and braved it home barely able to get the thing going from a start and slowly been progressing from there. Only real trouble is hills and wet with someone on my bumper, they make me nervous so I end up spinning tires. =)

For me right now, I find that getting from 1st to 2nd is difficult to do smooth. But I think that may be more syncro's more or less shot. For standard driving, I let off the gas while shifting and press it back on slow just as it engages the gear.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far I've tried to avoid using the parking brake. Force myself to do it without. I'm at the point that unless it's really sharp hill there isn't any real noticeble roll back. Just somtimes I slip and gun it..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.