Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 84 celica gt with a 6m in it and becasue of cut springs my struts are going out so i was debating weather to just go for coilovers. any sugestions?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
do u have money? do u want adjustable ride height? do u want a range of spring rates? if yes continue.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i have a 84 celica gt with a 6m in it and becasue of cut springs my struts are going out so i was debating weather to just go for coilovers. any sugestions?
Lol... cut springs :eekfacepalm:

There's a coilover GB right now.

I tried to price out what it'd cost for me to do coilovers in the front, w/e rear springs, kyb agx (front/rear), front camber plates, and an alignment. It came out to between $800-$1000.

Sounds expensive, but unless you go with some sort of stock replacement shocks and keep the springs, and be disatisfied or spend the money.

Tony

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have the money but that doesn't necessarily mean i wanna spend all of it. i was hoping to spend somewhere around 6-700 and keep her low but if thats to much to ask for would it be better to buy a nice set of springs and struts?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Also as far as I know there isn't a great way to do coilovers in the rear. From what I've seen it's been done, but the car wasn't built for the extra pressure on a certain section of the A-arm. You'll want to do a search and look into it. I'm not planning on doing coilovers in the rear.

But when I priced things (give or take some, I tried to add a little on top for shipping, etc.):
Front coilovers: $200
Rear springs: $200-300?
KYB AGX: $300+
Front Camber plates: $100
Alignment: Less than $100

I'm not planning on using any aftermarket bushings or any other aftermarket strut tower bars or sway bars.

I think $600-700 could potientially work for better suspension, but who know if you'll be satisfied.

Tony

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Id add some money to that if you want to do it right. Cheapset (quality) set of camber plates is at least 170 bucks. And you forgot RCAs. I'd also use the t3 upper hat system.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright so what i just was going to get new struts and springs. i live in seattle washington so where would a good place to get them from? and springs and struts would you guys recomend?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You can CL for coilovers, but for higher end struts (like the ones you will need for coilovers) are not locally stocked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts