Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,666 Posts
Here's the solution (sorta), I posted this awhile back. Never contacted these guys at the time and now they're not making stuff anymore :(

The spring stays in the same place so no reinforcement/body mods are neccesary = GOOD.

This is similar to the other posted adjustable perch but for larger diameter springs. These should fit our stock springs, I've taken rough measurements of the Volvo springs for comparison.

http://www.mvpvolvo.com/

· Registered
1,666 Posts
Oh yeah, MVP is located in Portland, Oregon. their phone number is 1-503-892-9405. Someone that lives near them should go over there and see whats up. Find out who machined these for them and whether we can get them made again (a Supra specific version maybe). I'd do it but I'm on the other side of the country and I know there a lot of PacNW peeps on here.

· Registered
1,666 Posts
bbaacchhyy said:
Making an adjustable perch for the std springs is interesting and certainly has advantages over the coilover shock, but the size of the collar and thread needed makes it difficult/expensive due to the spring ID.
Well the MVP adjustable perch is for a full size spring the same size (or nearly) as ours. So it's already been engineered and built. They made versions for 200s and 7/900s, I had measured these awhile back but don't know the measurements offhand. I do remember they were /should be compatible with our spring diameter. I'd like to have rear height adjustment but otherwise I'd go for some kind of spacer to restore ride height.

· Registered
1,666 Posts
ksourounis said:
well, what springs would we use with this larger
diameter lower collar?
Well the beauty of it is you just use whatever springs you have now :) Just any stock or aftermarket spring. If you want to go lower then just cut the spring down a coil, this would increase the springrate as well and allow you to raise the car back up. I must say though with the ST springs I definitely wouldn't want to go any lower, I actually want to raise the rear a hair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.