Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
George, OK, keep me up to date regarding weight (still deciding @ light vs HD depending on weight).

Jim, I would like to have 45 deg fittings with straight adaptors for the fronts. Otherwise, I think it would be hard to have 45 deg adaptor to "line-up" correctly without being too tight/loose. Ditto for the rears but with 90 deg fittings. Do you agree?

Also, is there a different fitting used at the inner fender depending on year i.e. '84 and older has shorter/longer threaded fitting? I thought I'd seen this somewhere before here or other boards. Not sure if this matters or not.

Thanks for the hard work guys!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
$94.50 seems like a great price for a full set of lines, if they are correct. Please keep us posted on this. If they can get it right...I will be ordering asap.

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Weight Update Talked to Rory today about the weights...here's the info:

LightDuty Front Rotors: 11.47lbs each
HeavyDuty Front Rotors: 13.20lbs each

Again, at the risk of repeating myself the the 100th time: Rory highly recommened to NOT use LightDuty Rotors on the MK2...but in the end it's your choice.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

·
Registered
472 Posts
George,

I sent an email requesting shipping info. I'm in for either 2 front/2 rear or 4 front/4 rear, all HD.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jimi

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Folks,

I will update you with totals including shipping and payment insturctions real soon.

Wade, Rory mentioned the minimum slots should be 3, when i asked he mentioned that it doesn't really matter and he'd recommend 6/side. Keep in mind...the cost is the same regardless of how many slots you get.

Please Note I will be updating people by email as to the totals, if you haven't sent me an email you will obviously not be sent a total...so for those few of you that haven't done so, please follow the instructions on the first post.

·
Registered
479 Posts
JK BBK - rears - see post

karaki said:
Dave that is the due date. Ideally we would prefer sooner...reason being we can truly tell which discount we're going to get if everyone pays up sooner. On April 16th I am placing the order, so payments must be in my the 15th.
George, et. al,
Check out Jim's post below on the rear BBK... it might be too early to order the rotors.. at least the rears.. Shall we hold off on the Coleman GB until the BBK is solidified?

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:05 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to try an get another quote on rear hats, hopefully
to make it a more attractive price.

Right now, at 10-ish, it doesn't look promising

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ummm.yaaa, that complicates things a little bit. I'm sending an email out to everyone who asked for a quote so we can figure out what to do.

email sent Here's what i wrote:
Guys,

In light of the recent news about the current dilemma with the Jim King BBK:

http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6496&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

there are a few things that we have to figure out as a group. It would be very easy for me to arbitrarily make a decision about the deadline, but in my opinion that wouldn't be fair.

If the rear JK BBK does not happen there might be a chance that there will be fewer rotors purchased, which means a higher price...so we are all effected here.

Here are our options:

1. Continue with group buy as planned. IF the rear set is not built in time we will more than likely have less purchases, therefore higher per rotor price.

2. Wait until Jim King finalizes the BBK group buy and officially updates the thread. This obviously will effect people who already have their bbk and will delay their install date.

If you all have any other recommendations I am more than happy to entertain them. Unfortunately might turn out to be one of those situations where I can't make everyone happy and I do apologize.

I have received payment from a few individuals already, I will need to know if people who have paid are waiting on the current BBK group buy. Reason being if the rear kit is not made these individuals will require a refund for the rears they paid for.

I really need to hear from all of you here, I don't want anyone to say that their opinions weren't heard or considered...I want to be fair to everyone. If you can please use to 'reply to all' feature in your email editor that would be great cause then others can see your thoughts...either that or reply to the post in the group buy section.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
George: Since I'm only in for the front kits, there's apparently nothing I need to do at this point. If it turns out that I need to cough up :puke: a bit more money (rear kits don't happen, meaning less buyers), then let me know.

Thanx....Bob

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
ok, so what happens if the rear JK BBK does NOT happen? then some peeps who ordered rear rotors.. will have no use.. unless the rears will happen anyway..

George PM sent :wink:

41 - 60 of 107 Posts