Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the Compomotive Wheel owning guys...

Roughly what do a set of those wheels cost? I've been curious about them for a while now, but I haven't looked into the price. I really like how they look.

I'm faced with a dilemma here - have my wheel baskets powdercoated black, or just replace them and get 16" or 17" wheels. My Enkeis are 15x8, with 225/60-15 Pirellis on them. They're in great shape, I'd just rather have black baskets.

Plus, it's just about new tire time...so I'm wondering which way to go here.

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
I don't have the Compomotives, but they've quoted me ~$1600 for 16x8s. From what I remember thats the going price on the list.

·
Registered
793 Posts
depends which rim you go with. I went with the MO rims, 16X8, 0mm offset. Price, including lugs and shipping to my house in CA, was $1130.00. You can get a price break if you tell them you're with the SCCA, or if you have a business tax ID #, (ask your boss if you can use it), you can get them a bit cheaper than the SCCA discount. Think I saved $150 by using my bosses Tax ID...

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Stephen,

I was basically the 2nd person to order the Compomotive CXN's in 2001 (after Phil Dupler did the initial order earlier in the year).

Basic price for all 4 wheels (for 16x8's) was $1,500 even. This also includes lugnuts & the hex wrench for the center cap screw/lock Add in $80 for FedEx Ground shipping from Pennsylvania - Seattle, Washington, and the price comes close to $1,600. Tires in the 245/45/16 size will vary in cost, depending on what you get (I did the Yoko AVS-I's). My total wheel/tire package was $2,100. Also purchased a set of Gorrilla locking lug nuts from Discount Tire. Was approx ~$15.

HTH.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Wow Nice Rims....

Hey Flyin Hawaiian I really like your 16x8 rims....those are nice!!!! i'm currently in the process of refinishing a set of stock rims but i am having trouble finding time. Doing it yourself can take a lot of time.......and a lot of Elbow Grease.....!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
520 Posts
:D I like Compomotive! and a few of there wheels, like the price too
I saw ones like Seamus wheels on a picture and they look much better on the car. really looks agresive. :twisted:
The C-type have always been on my mind and they look nice!
HRE are also nice wheels.
anything with lips, gotta have lip and dished inn
Before I dreamed :roll: about BBS RS2. too expensive and no 4bolt :x
and the other one was AC-Shnitzer but only for BMW :x

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris,

Hmmm. Not a bad price, considering what they are. Does your car ride any firmer with the 16" wheels and Yokohamas on it, vs. your 14" stock wheels? I'm sure I probably wouldn't notice much considering I have 15" wheels now.

I'm going to check out Compomotive's site and see what I'm dealing with here. Thanks for the input!

CJSREDPRA said:
Stephen,

I was basically the 2nd person to order the Compomotive CXN's in 2001 (after Phil Dupler did the initial order earlier in the year).

Basic price for all 4 wheels (for 16x8's) was $1,500 even. This also includes lugnuts & the hex wrench for the center cap screw/lock Add in $80 for FedEx Ground shipping from Pennsylvania - Seattle, Washington, and the price comes close to $1,600. Tires in the 245/45/16 size will vary in cost, depending on what you get (I did the Yoko AVS-I's). My total wheel/tire package was $2,100. Also purchased a set of Gorrilla locking lug nuts from Discount Tire. Was approx ~$15.

HTH.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Stephen,

There is more firmness in the ride, due to the smaller sidewall. Yep, going from 225/60/14's to 245/45/16's, there is a big change. And because of the wider tire/contact patch, the front tires will "track" a little bit on grooved pavement.

Finally, there will be some slightly higher steering effort, esp when the car is not moving.

Other than that, I do like the wheel/tire setup.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Stephen,

Let me know if you go with the Compo's. If the timing is right, I may be willing to <ahem> graciously keep those old rims from cluttering up your garage" ;)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Anyone have any compos that aren't black or gold in the middle? I'd like to see just plain ole polished..

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supra Bob said:
Stephen,

Let me know if you go with the Compo's. If the timing is right, I may be willing to <ahem> graciously keep those old rims from cluttering up your garage" ;)
Supra Bob -

If I actually do buy the 16x8 Compomotives, you've got first dibs on my Enkeis. This is the only way I'm going to be able to install Jim King's big brake kit (my current wheels are 15x8) and his BBK requires at least a 16" wheel for clearance.

I'll keep you posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts