Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my manual swapped car (by a previous owner) to have working reverse lights, however, the manual plug has 2 prongs and the automatic plug has three receptors, one being ground and when running power back from the tail lights, two of them are positive.
Im not sure how to connect the plugs,
Sorry if that was confusing but any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's what I've figured out so far and im utterly confused. The part coming of the transmission is just a switch that connects the two so electricity can flow through when the cars in reverse. But the side that goes to the lights has me stumped.
IMG_20200908_225446_175.jpg IMG_20200908_225440_025.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Jaku, what yr Supra?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yellow wire to trans switch is power, doesn't mater what side of trans switch plug you connect it to.
Power out of switch to wire harness to red with light blue stripe that goes to backup lights. The ground for bulbs is at the rear panel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yellow wire to trans switch is power, doesn't mater what side of trans switch plug you connect it to.
Power out of switch to wire harness to red with light blue stripe that goes to backup lights. The ground for bulbs is at the rear panel.
If this is right then connecting a wore between the two should work as the switch would correct? However when I put a wire across and turn on the car nothing happens

·
Registered
232 Posts
If yellow wire from harness coming from the front has 12 volts with ignition on and you connect it to the red/light blue stripe wire going to the backup wire for lights it should light. Check for power .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If yellow wire from harness coming from the front has 12 volts with ignition on and you connect it to the red/light blue stripe wire going to the backup wire for lights it should light. Check for power .
There's power coming from it but when i connect it the backup lights dont light
ill try again during my lunch break with a more secure wire and sell you how it goes

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, figured out a problem. Sometime during testing last night it seems my battery died. Currently charging it so i can test once again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those following my ridiculous adventure. Yes connecting them is the correct thing to do, yes it gets power to the light assembly. No the lights dont turn on. Yes the bulbs work when attached to a nine volt
Im really stuck here
Help would be appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wire colors are from 85 electrical manual
Thanks this will be useful.

I happen to have figured out a problem, i have a short somewhere causing the point of least resistance not to be the lightbulbs and thus making it not work. Locating the short might be difficult but hopefully its an easy fix

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My god that wiring diagram saved me
After taking another look i had connected the wrong wire
Should be smooth sailing from here on out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts