Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I <3 my supra
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on going with a draw through carb setup for the supra, along with old style, basic points ignition...I don't want this thing to be emp vunerable at all, plus i think with a draw through carb setup, vs the alternative which is huge injectors and no tune, that i could get better gas mileage when the turbo is not in demand...so...

I have the draw through setup almost all figured out, what I need now is an idea on how to run this thing with a points dizzy, We have electronic ignition, and there was not points dizzy made to my knowledge that will be a direct fit...any ideas?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Draw through carb setups are terrible. Even blow through are bad, but draw though is the actual worst. If you think boost leaks are bad now, try sealing up the base of a holley. If you think turbo oil line problems are a pain, wait until you are dumping fuel through it and see how the seals like it. For less money and effort you could toss a box of spare sensors and ecu in a foil bag, or just cover it with your spare foil hat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
now I have been told that my 1982 will run if I disconnect my injectors..... im building a triple S.U set up for better gas but also better tuning ability....so think you should look for a dizzy off a 82 with the vac advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts