Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I had a blown hose or something as im leaking a bit of coolant, I go under the car, its an '84, and it seems coolant is leaking out of the very bottom bolt on the fan pulley? I posted a video on my insta story @ralph_the_supra if seeing that helps understand, but I'm confused as to what's going on? Why would coolant leak out of a bolt on the fan pulley/clutch?? Any idea whats going on and how to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
8,455 Posts
seal on the water pump went out

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Time to change water pump ASAP...

·
Super Moderator
8,455 Posts
The water pump is permanently built around it so no. It looks like are plenty of water pump assemblies out there for <$40. Personally I'd buy the Aisin pump off Rockauto.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The water pump is permanently built around it so no. It looks like are plenty of water pump assemblies out there for <$40. Personally I'd buy the Aisin pump off Rockauto.
Sweet, ill be getting that done asap, ironically this car is more reliable than my 06 jeep liberty i bought off a family member, so thanks for the help lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
While you're replacing the water pump check your belts for wear and cracks, spin the alternator pulley, the idler pulley, belt tensioner pulley, the power steering pump pulley, and the air conditioning pulley by hand to check for any bearing noises. It's much better to catch any possible future problems now instead of something going bad and you're doing a lot of the same labor again soon.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts