Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thing wrong with my car (yeah i know there is a bunch of stuff wrong with my car :( ) is no water circulation, we took out the thermostat and spayed water into the housing and it came out the lower radior hose and we spayed into the top of the radiator and it came out the bottom, so nothing is clogging it, the thermostat and water pump is new?? help!

·
Registered
141 Posts
how do you know that the coolant is not circulating? Did you wait for the thermostat to open up? Is the thermostat new?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Assuming that the radiator is fine like you said, you've removed the thermostat, and there's a new water pump, the only thing left to assume is that you've filled the radiator up to the top and have let it idle for a few minutes.
Have you "burped" your system yet? Most Toyotas need to be burped to get the air pockets out of the block and heater core for the system to operate properly.
Easiest way to do this is to run the front end up a pair of ramps from a parts store and let it idle with the cap off and heater on full heat. You can also do the same thing if you have a really steep driveway or street, just make sure you got that front end pointing towards the sky!
If that doesn't help, you've either got a bad water pump or some SERIOUS clogged water ports in that block!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill try the burp thing, but i sprayed water into the thermo housing and it came out the lower raditor hose, so one would think there are no clogs in the block, i tried to squeeze the upper raditor hose while it was running and i felt no water running, plus i had the lower hose off and no water came out, so i think its the pump, which is weird cause it was brand new :?

·
Registered
793 Posts
It is possible the new thermo. is crap. Try to run it w/p the thermostat installed to see if it flows. Other than that, possible clogged water passage in the block. My dad had an old 350 a few years back, and at about 120k a chunk of casting sand that was in the engine came loose and clogged a water passage. Removing it is easy, pulling and disassambling the engine to get it out is the hard part :) Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts