Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bad news is my plans to by a complete Jza70 TT to strip have fallen through (Some guy from Germany beat me to it ):sadsmilie

The good news is I have in my possession a 2jzgte out of an aristo! :zzzzz:

Now in the processing of collecting parts and looking at the best options for radiators & intercoolers:-

Would this fit (with a bit of help)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280446870086&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If not what the recommended Rad for these?

Also what do you guys think about this intercooler?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350301405971&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
309 Posts
The intercooler will fit in there just rite, its the same size im using (12x24x3 2.5in/out). As for the radiator I doubt its worth the effort to make it fit, your better off modding your core support to accept a Mk3 radiator that has been proven to work in our cars.

For reference im using the stock Mk2 radiator and stock Mk4 clutch fan setup (VERY close fit) and everything seems to cool just fine, but I have yet to know how its going to do in the summer.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Since I have no idea what brands are available in the UK, you will have to find what is reputable brand wise in your area.
For the fit, since they post measurements on the add, use them to check the size difference with the stock rad.
Alot of people use a mkIII type rad, with slight mods it fits quite well. I dont have data for the mkIV rad fitment.
Also, in means of cooling, what are your plans fan wise? stock engine fan or hydro fan? Or electric fan with a shroud?
You dont want your new rad to be too thick or fitting the fan and IC piping will become more difficult.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
That intercooler looks the same as the one I bought a few years back. It fit with miles of room, and I've since replaced it with the 100mm thick version which still fits easily.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your advice.

Having another issue now. Realised I need a water pump, so thought i'd be clever and use the registration of the TT I was going to buy to get the pump from Toyota main dealer for my 2j, only problem is they came back with the hydro one :ugh:

Any ideas of the part number for the mechanical belt driven one or what car I could tell them its for?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I like to go to the dealer and ask for Supra parts for a 97' TT for my engine, 85' for misc, and 92' 5spd for trans. If you go to the dealer they are just going to need to know the year, model, trans, and etc.

Remember your going to need the complete water pump assembly including the back plate as well as the pulley. I suggest you buy the pulley used, its way cheaper than dealer price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like to go to the dealer and ask for Supra parts for a 97' TT for my engine, 85' for misc, and 92' 5spd for trans. If you go to the dealer they are just going to need to know the year, model, trans, and etc.

Remember your going to need the complete water pump assembly including the back plate as well as the pulley. I suggest you buy the pulley used, its way cheaper than dealer price.
Thanks, I'll give it a roll on Monday :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both of them.

Here's a photo of the 600x300x100mm intercooler installed in my car:

As you can see there is no problem there, even with the AC evaporator installed. Obviously the 75mm version will fit with room to spare.
Did you have to make bespoke pipework to the intercooler? Reason I asked is they have the intercooler I was looking at with the pipework for a Jza80 and just wondered if it would fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-...BIEW%2BFICS%2BUFI%2BDDSIC&otn=20&po=LVI&ps=54

·
Registered
309 Posts
No that will not work, basically nothing made to fit a factory turbo application in another supra will work for a Mk2 with a JZ.

You will have to make your own tubing, be careful with the intercooler that your looking at because its 3" in/out on the tubing. The 3" tubing will be harder to work with and get to fit under the car without it either hanging down below the bumper or cutting up the body to make it fit. If you go 2.5 it can fit with very little cutting on the body. Again im not saying 3" is bad or wont work but the 2.5" I have on my car is just fine.

12x24x3 2.5" on my car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts