Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 4 runs in my buddy's 84-85 Corolla with a 1JZ in it. It's making 475whp at 30psi and had really shitty 225/50/15 DR's. The owner is scared to run it so I drove it :D (balls of steel!) The car has super mushy soft stock cut springs, so it definately took some driving to keep it straight. The tachometer didn't work, so I was launching and shifting by ear. I hit the rev limiter every run in 1st gear, but in run 3 it was the worst. It bogged 2nd gear really bad from that. I feel with a tach and a bit more practice I can definately break 11's with it.

Run 1
2.25 60'
13.10 1/4 mile
112mph

Run 2
2.07 60'
12.74 1/4 mile
114mph

Run 3
2.20 60'
116mph

Run 4
1.95 60'
118mph

This is a video of run 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBx4tgI85Do&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
What size turbo? That seems like alot of boost for 475..

Still a 1J though, so still sexy.

I'm trying to get an ae86 guy down here to let me swap in a 7m or 1j.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size turbo? That seems like alot of boost for 475..

Still a 1J though, so still sexy.

I'm trying to get an ae86 guy down here to let me swap in a 7m or 1j.
I didn't go to the dyno....and I think at 30psi they actually made 520-550whp, and turned it down to get 475whp. They told me it's a PT6262, so same as my turbo, but in a stock cammed motor with stock ecu and 550's using an SAFC.

I actually raced another one just like it, but red and with a 7m making 500whp. That was on the 4th run I killed him out of the hole and at about the 1000' mark I could start seeing him out of the side of my helmet.

·
Registered
637 Posts
wow those are two beautiful cars.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Very nice - cool car - who's taking the vid? - somebody with the shakes? - lol

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
No fenders on trailers required in FL huh? Crazy! Great looking car! I wouldn't mind having Ramsey's car...it looks great!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I wanna play, too! You're .1 and 8mph faster than me. GET GRIP!

Sounds so nice! Nothing like an inline 6 note! Doesn't it feel great beating $60k+ cars? Especially the ones that ppl dump thousands into....

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice Armin !!

How much is Ramsey asking for his MKII ?
He didn't say. He was actually asking me how much I think he should sell it for. The car is restored and a brand new leather (or maybe pleather....not sure) interior is in the car...plus those sick billet wheels! I also told him how Henry paid $14K for his '83 with 17K miles on it. I think baised on that, he should ask $10k for it.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No fenders on trailers required in FL huh? Crazy! Great looking car! I wouldn't mind having Ramsey's car...it looks great!
This is Florida....we do what we want :p

Tech at the racetrack never even looked at my helmet to check for Snell, never looked at the engine, never checked for leaks....they just let me run. This car was fine, but I bet that's why we had 8 track cleanups while I was there...lol

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wanna play, too! You're .1 and 8mph faster than me. GET GRIP!

Sounds so nice! Nothing like an inline 6 note! Doesn't it feel great beating $60k+ cars? Especially the ones that ppl dump thousands into....
If it were my car, first thing I would change to improve ET's and mpg is stiffer springs and a working tachometer!!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
He didn't say. He was actually asking me how much I think he should sell it for. The car is restored and a brand new leather (or maybe pleather....not sure) interior is in the car...plus those sick billet wheels! I also told him how Henry paid $14K for his '83 with 17K miles on it. I think baised on that, he should ask $10k for it.
That's low for that car ,,,damn good deal for someone ! Why don't you buy his for a DD and build yours into the ultimate MKII for the track ? Best of both worlds :naughty:

p.s TRD tach FTW :salute:

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Armin, the curse of the no Tachometer.

...you know aftermarket tachs are ~$15, right? You should just carry one around in your pocket for that price.

--billyM
Armin, is that a tach in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? :laugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts