Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Anyone know what the max hp out of a 7mgte without spinin the wheels all through most all ur gears is?

2.What is the fastest mk2 timeslip anyone has or has seen, and what all were they runin?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Hrmmmm...

I don't quite understand the first question.... Is this with mods, or without??? Or..??? This one to me is kindasorta a open question.

2. Someone refresh my brain on this one... I know Russ Matusevich has made it into the 9's. I just can't remember specific where in the 9's (I know he has done at least a 9.8" if not faster). Russ's 85 has a hybrid 6M-GTE that is doing over 900rwhp on the bottle. 2nd is probably Joel Tanzman in his 82 that is doing about 897rwhp on his 7M-GTE. Last I heard, he was running in the low 10's??? Not sure who 3rd would be, my guess would be Jody F. down in the Carribean??? I "think" he was in the 11's?? Have forgotten his 5M-GTE engine spec's already, will have to do a search here.

I honestly can't remember if anybody in a MKII has made it into the 8's yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
I'm pretty sure Joel Ts is faster than Russ Ms car. Joel I believe has seen very low 9s and the fastest I've heard on Russ was mid 9s. According to what Russ posted on Supraforums Joel Ts car make about 800 rwhp thru a Powerglide.

edit: Russ has at least run a 9.53 @ 144 this is on the one video I have

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st q

i was wondering about max hp with mods, sorry, cuz i mean is there a breaking point to where ur just spinin ur tires for a long ass time?

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
well if you set up the suspension correctly and have the correct tires, clutch, drivetrain, then you really have an unlimited limits until your chassis breaks in half....lol, it all depens on your set-up.....

·
Registered
591 Posts
LONG LIVE THE 6MGTE AND 5MGTE!!!!!

i wish i could get that power out of my 5m but the first time i tapped the gas to the floor my engine would go crazy and start singing and dancing saying "hello my baby hello my darlin, hello my ragtime gal" with a tophat and cane.

two of the 4 highestrated supra horsepowers from engines that get shotdown almost everyday because they aren't as good as the 7m. ESPECIALLY the 5m. when it should be able to take more cuz of the shorter stroke.

i bet i could make it to the 8's...just give me a 1uz-fe with twin turbochargers. WOOOYEAH!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey SilverMKII, do you know where he got the stuff to put the Powerglide on his engine, or was it completely fabricated? I have humored the thought of using a GM tranny simply because they live behind monsterous horsepower and torque. I've seen setups for the JZ series engines, but are there buy it places for these trannys to bolt onto out M series engines? If not,.. and they had to fabricate everything,.. just say no.. :lol:

Scotty

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
Probably a custom setup. I have no idea though, since its not my car.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thanks,.. that's kinda what I was figuring on too... :cry:

Scotty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts