Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sucks. My windshield had a small leak on the top passenger side. So I bought some silicone and I was removing the metal strip surrounding the windshield. Well, as I was pulling one of the clips off I hear a "tink", and I though "oops, I broke one of the clips." Well, I look at my windshield to see a HUGE spidery crack. Well, I get all mad and swear at it, etc, and continue to remove the strip. A few minutes later, as I am putting the strip back on, I accidentally rested my hand on the windshield near where the crack was. It got much bigger. So now I have this monster network of cracks directly in my line of vision while I drive. You have no idea how much that pisses me off. Anyway, point is this: I heard of some glass-crack fixes, are they any good? Also, how much should I expect to pay to buy a used windshield and how much hassle to install? If it is a huge PITA (which I expect) how much is it to get done at a decent shop? I have never done any glass-work before so I have no idea what to expect. Thanks much in advance!

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never really believed in that glass crack fixer anyway, just thought Id mention it. I didnt know they were that cheap, I thought they would be like 500 or so. Thats not too bad. Now I just hope that removal/install goes well, knowing my luck Id get a good one for cheap then destroy it installing it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.