Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did not know where to post this so I posted here. Anyways. My front crankshaft seal was leaking and recently it has leaked more, so I bought a front set of seals, gaskets and oil. The oil change was due so I decided to change the gaskets once and for all. But my lazy ass got to lazy and just did the oil change. I said to my self, I do it later. Well, I guess the leaking seal gave while going to work. Now I live in Palmdale and drive to LA, Chatsworth - West Hills are. I was cursing at 90mph and noticed nothing since it was dark and somewhat foggy. When I noticed that something was wrong was when I looked at my oil gauge and notice low oil pressure. I stopped at a near by gas station my worst fear where confined (oil all over). To make a long story short I bought some oil (which was a rip off) and headed back home. Really mad at my self. Ill see if I can get this fixed by today I got work tomorrow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fixed the car yesterday. THe problem was not the front crank seal, it was the front driver side cam seal. It poped out. Dont ask how i fixed it (I slapt a sh!t load of FIPG sealent, it seemed to of worked.) I will buy new seals later an install them. Weird thing is that those seal where new?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
y

The metal gasket blew out am I right I just replaced mine. Did you replace the metal gasket or just use the other stuff,if you didnt use the metakl gasket how will the other stuff hold up Thanks. Ps I hate to keep xtra oil in my car but also hate to pay $3 a quart to

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Re: y

Kevin Kisseberth said:
The metal gasket blew out am I right I just replaced mine. Did you replace the metal gasket or just use the other stuff,if you didnt use the metakl gasket how will the other stuff hold up Thanks. Ps I hate to keep xtra oil in my car but also hate to pay $3 a quart to
Actually the gasket that he blew is the one behind the Cam Gear :wink: . Iv blown the same one twice, It almost drains all the oil out of your car :x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts