Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have an 85 p-type nd could find a thread on the things ill need... i found an 84 cressida in the j/y yesterday nd will be goin g down tom to pull a couple things off the car, some engine things nd misc parts, i saw that the cressida setup works well on our car nd wanted to know if some 1 could help with wat i should pull off the car to complete the transfer, i know the caliper, rotor, caliper bracket, im good just by lookin and figureing out but ne1 that may have tips to extra parts that would be good to grab, also, i havent looked at the rear end of it but are the rear lowr controls arms the same as ours (had mine on the lift nd fopund a lil hole in mine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn... thank you for getting back to me.. that'll save me alot of work, im just gonna pull the intake manifold wit injector then, how bout ne1 now bout the rear control arm?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
87-88 Cressidas had the larger brakes. You'll need the rotor and caliper specifically from a 87-88. The Hub you will need too and that can be sourced from an 85-88 Cressida.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got all the parts u need for the cressy brakes for sale in the for sale section sans the pads and longer studs.

·
Registered
657 Posts
87-88 Cressidas had the larger brakes. You'll need the rotor and caliper specifically from a 87-88. The Hub you will need too and that can be sourced from an 85-88 Cressida.
86 had them as well, my car was made in 85 and ptypes do not fit over the front calipers. so keep in mind, if you switch, you will need wheels or spacers.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
86 had them as well, my car was made in 85 and ptypes do not fit over the front calipers. so keep in mind, if you switch, you will need wheels or spacers.
actually, they can clear p-types. all you have to do is grind the caliper down a little.

·
Registered
657 Posts
grinded mine down, still didn't clear, some are different, my friends 87 the ptypes fit fine, my 86, no luck without 5mm spacers. and spacers aren't the best thing to do, studs can break off easy. just keepin my stock 15s

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Mine clear p-types, but took pretty significant grinding. They were from an 87. You will have to grind a different amount with each caliper, the castings have production tolerances that loose, and theres small differences in some of the aftermarket castings, if the donor cressy had em replaced. :eekfacepalm:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts