Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems we have a few owners and enthusiasts of these cars. Is it possible to start a new forum on Cressida's, say 82 or 83-88 years.
Power plant, drive train and some rear IRS combinations fit Supras' and Celicas', along with the coolness and cult factor of these.
Dave

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i would like to see a Cressida section. theres a Cressida forum up again but it seams like its pretty much dead.

i have had an 86 and 87 sedan. currently own an 86 wagon and an 89 sedan (the X8) and had another 89 X8 that my brother drives now.

now that i have swapped the wagon i have a decent amount of knowledge regarding the cressidas. i would probably be able to contribute.

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
I also support having a Cressida section, it would expand our hobby that would benefit us as Celica Supra owners...lots of cross over parts...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's sounding more like this would work out.
Let hope we can get it a reality.
How does that happen anyway?

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
I think you just started a NEW thread. You can call it the OFFICIAL CRESSIDA THREAD,right here.
If we get a cople of informative posts,the moderator can begin making stickies for them,too.

I drove around a nice Cressy sedan coming back from my Kent,WA. Toys For Tots run on I-5 towards Seattle.(12/07/2014).

I have never seen one!

Fat tires and it was lowered a bit.Nice exhaust sound,too. Kind of a dk. brown color.
Young guy with a beard was driving it,solo.
I gave him the "thumb up" gesture,but he didn't see me.:good:
I'm sure he saw my Supra.
We prolly had the same motor in our cars.
Same tranny,too?

We have a MK 1 thread.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
yes. the drivetrain is pretty much the same. the X7 cressida was a 5mge that came with both of the same transmissions that the MK-II came with. i believe thats 85-88. also the 87-88 has bolt-on bigger brakes.

the X8. 89-92 is more similar to the MK-III Supra. it is a five lug car with the 8" R&P. it comes factory with a Front Sump 7M-GE - A340.

·
Registered
491 Posts
From what I read the rear clip (sub frame) and front (sub frame) have a great deal of compatible parts if not a complete bolt in (excluding a few details).

I know for sure that the differentials are compatible even if some of the cressi dif's don't have LSD.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
This idea comes up once and a while, using gets no where.

And might as well make a 82-85 Celica section too.....

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
This idea comes up once and a while, using gets no where.

And might as well make a 82-85 Celica section too.....
Perhaps the new ownership will be more into it ;-)

I personally wanted to respect the GTS and Cressida forums so I never added them. I guess .net is gone now - hmmm.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
my only concern would be that i dont want to water down the great community that we already have. i think if we were going to do it we would need to do it right and give each car a REAL section. where there can be multiple categories' and you might actually find what you need. One post with all the info would just be a confusing mash up. and then people would have to post asking where to find the info.

Maybe a "Relative Cars Section" that only covers cars that could help this community. thus helping out those cars communities' too. under the category could be like, X7 cressida, X8 Cressida, Celica GTS and maybe the AE86? (i dono if anything on the Rolla's are relative....)

id like to see it done. but only if some real effort is going to go into it. we already have some single "cressida info" posts but they just get lost. and arent really any specific info.

·
Registered
367 Posts
well im in and will contribute as much as i can. ive decided to make my 87 a drifting rat rod lol. i saved it from the scrap yard so why not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts