Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so there is this shiny lime green crx with some mild kit and wing and wheels running around town. i allways see this kid and he never has anyone in his car with him. ie a loser anyhow this dude thinks he is hot shit on nite i kkinda raced him with my audi and we basicly tied cuz there was traffiic then a few nites ago i am driveing my moms cherookee and i see him pull up next to me. i pop it ion N(its auto) and rev a bit. so this dude starts going off revving to what seemd to be redline.

anyhow when the light hit i had it in first and half throtteled it shifted to second and then drive around 4grand. man this crx was toast. biut did u mention my moms jeep has a v8 hahahahaha damni hate ricers. as soon as i get my mk2 or 240sx coupe im gonna make some more honduhs hurt :twisted:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
taunting a ricer to race makes you a ricer as well..... :roll:
now if the ricer taunts you, you have to do the right thing and put him in his place :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he has taunted me a buch of times. this prick thinks he is hot shiznit so i had to shut him up

there is also a blue late 90's teg with ricer kit and 8 inch tip thinking he is hot shit as well and his car is auto

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
in no way do mean to offend you but you have no bragging rights

You raced a CRX (4 bannger) Vs. Jeep (V8 )
Ill just leave it at that so you can think about it :wink:

<-----who hates flame wars :evil:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I have a '92 Jeep Cherokee, it has the H.O. 4.0 litre inline six. That thing is surprisingly fast...would definitely take a stock mk2. I have it running perfect though and it's slightly tuned up, I frequently search out Hondas at stoplights, alot of other cars too. They never see me coming, see me going though afer a hard bark of the tires...it's an automatic too, that's just from flooring it. I'm sure it's above 16 seconds in the quarter but to about 70 mph, it really accelerates hard.

Eric

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zankone said:
in no way do mean to offend you but you have no bragging rights

You raced a CRX (4 bannger) Vs. Jeep (V8 )
Ill just leave it at that so you can think about it :wink:

oh im not offended its just that this dude thought he was the shit and could take my moms jeep

i could probly take him in my audi witch imo is slow as hell

<-----who hates flame wars :evil:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
fmrsupra said:
I have a '92 Jeep Cherokee, it has the H.O. 4.0 litre inline six. That thing is surprisingly fast...would definitely take a stock mk2. I have it running perfect though and it's slightly tuned up, I frequently search out Hondas at stoplights, alot of other cars too. They never see me coming, see me going though afer a hard bark of the tires...it's an automatic too, that's just from flooring it. I'm sure it's above 16 seconds in the quarter but to about 70 mph, it really accelerates hard.

Eric
there's a difference in that inline6 though. you really can't compare it to other engines based on the numbers alone. it makes 90% of it's max torque AT IDLE. when I'm on the highway in my moms 99 grand cherokee, doing about 110 or so, and i jump out to pass someone and floor it, the tranny shifts down so hard you think somethings wrong with it. they are VERY VERY torquey low-rev engines. that's why they have a 5k rpm redline.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I must disagree fmrsupra, I smoked a cherokee sport 4.0 from a stoplight a few weeks back, he was definintely going too as he jumped right off the line and I got on it when I saw him launch, he was revving, but I didn't really think he wanted to go. My 5MGE is only mildly modded and I was a good 3 car lengths in front by the time I hit 4th gear.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
jbrody,
First of all, that's a beautiful Supra. I had an '86 of the same color and I loved it. Now about the Jeep you raced, I think there are 2 versions of the 4.0, a 160ish hp and the 195 hp. The Sport package is just a great name for the stripper model and it may have had the lower hp motor. I'll never know but I know my former Jeep(just sold it!) would take a stock Supra to about 70 mph without too much trouble. You have performed a few mods and that may have made the difference. Anyway, enough Jeep talk, I am getting a REAL nice '85 p-type next weekend. I absolutely cannot wait!

Eric

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah that is very possible that it was the lower HP motor, as I would have expected the 190 hp model to do much better. Thanks for the compliment on the Blupra, I love it of course. Best of luck with your new P-type. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts