Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of today, cs.com is owned and operated by Autoguide.com. If you are not familiar, they are the only forum operator who does not alter the community and load up the site with a million ads. As most of you know, Supraforums has not changed much since they took over – they even left the NWS section, haha. Due to an ever increasing personal work load I am unable to grow the site but AG will keep it going for years to come. This was not an easy decision and a few folks know I have resisted this for quite a few years. I need to focus more on my personal life so this is the most logical thing to cut.

The day to day experience for users will really not change BUT you will have a real support team to implement the best upgrades immediately and deal with concerns in a timely fashion. Also, the owner is a total car guy with a long history in the industry – so they know exactly how forums should run. I feel they are the absolute best team to keep cs.com running smoothly AND improve the experience overall.

cs.com has come a long way, but this is the best play for it to keep going strong. Huge thanks to Tommy, Aaron and George for the ongoing support over the years - they have the option to stay on if they wish and I will stay around as an Admin. Huge thanks to Sidman, Webber, Wick, Mac and the others who helped way back in the day when we were just a few thousand posts deep – without their help this place would have never grown this smoothly. Also, huge thanks to all posters/readers etc. for hanging around – the combination of all forces is what made this place great.

See you all around!
Mike

·
Administrator
211 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Philip, I am a community manager for Autoguide.com and will be joining the site to take over the webmaster duties for Malloy.

I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them or send me a message.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Thanks,

Philip

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Thanks for the work you've put in, Mike. Hopefully this will make things a bit less stressful in the world of Malloy.

Philip, thanks for the intro. Looking forward to the future of the site.

-Dustin-

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
It's been a great run Mike! Wish you the VERY best in all your endeavors! This forum has been like a family, and as such members grow, move, come back, etc. Thank you for all you have done, and look forward to future conversations!

Phillip: welcome aboard! First question that came to mind, what will happen to the various levels of memberships, and donation supporter levels? Will there continue to be something similar, with larger PM space, etc?

Thanks!

Don L.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

No one from the community wanted to take it over?
This might sounds crazy, but I only trust someone in it for some sort of profit to keep it going properly. These guys do this for a living and all of their forums run well.

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Thanks for ALL you've done, Mike.

I understand the amount of work that goes into a site like this, as I've helped people set up several, and done some support for them until they understood it well enough to keep it running themselves.

Best of luck with your career and family. I know this wasn't an easy decision to make, and I know (or at least hope!) that you'll still be around.

Jim

·
Registered
85 Posts
Its been a good run buddy! (man I feel old. LOL ) Happy to help out when I could. Best of luck to your future endeavors and to CS.com. Good people here!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Mike - Thanks for all the work - good luck in the future. I'm sure it will give you more free time. Haven't been part of a forum when sold - unique feeling.

·
Administrator
211 Posts
Mike - Thanks for all the work - good luck in the future. I'm sure it will give you more free time. Haven't been part of a forum when sold - unique feeling.
Its okay, we will get through this together.

If you all have any suggestions for things you would like to see on the site I am open to suggestions. We are not here to change your rules or how you run things so if you have a complaint about the rules you will need to take that up with the current mods and admins.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Sorry this day had to come, Mike. Thank you for all you've done. This really is a great community to be a part of!! Best wishes for you!

This company that now owns CS.com... same company that owns Supraforums?? Cuz they won't load Tapatalk on that forum server & they want to use their own forum format instead. I hope & pray that we can still interact with this forum through Tapatalk going forward!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk2

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Mike;

sorry I missed your call today, was sleeping as I'm on nights....hope we can catch up soon enough. I can't thank you enough as you really brought us MK2 geeks together with this forum. It's a sad day but you made the right decision and I'm sure we're all in good hands.

As the one and only vendor I'd be curiuos as to what the new owner plans on doing regarding advertising and vendor fees. I'm still more than willing to stay on as a moderator if Philip is in the need for it.

Philip don't be shy to email me anytime for anything!!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
At first i read the title and thought why should i care that compuserve's site got sold? I trust your judgement and look forward to many more years of trolling these here forums.

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
Change is good. Someone said.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
If you all have any suggestions for things you would like to see on the site I am open to suggestions. We are not here to change your rules or how you run things so if you have a complaint about the rules you will need to take that up with the current mods and admins.
Whatever IH8MUD is running on now is amazing. I don't know what more you could ask of a forum. Thanks for all the hard work Mike!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts