Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
215 Posts
IH8MUD is running on a software platform called xenforo. This is sort of a splinter of the platform that this site is running on currently. If there are features you like on IH8MUD that you think would be a good addition to here please share. There is a lot that can be replicated between platforms.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Mike, let's just say all the long hours and hard work you have put on this site made it an excellent car site.
In the recent years it was noticeable that the Malloy's life was taking his share on you off the board, which is understandable.
You can be proud of what was achieved with it, and that you did put it in good hands for it to keep growing.
You have prooved to us that you are among the deepest MK2 enthousiast, but also demonstrated a bit of unstability about wheels !

Thanks and good luck with your MK2, beemer, daytime job, and most importantly get some good personnal time with your loved ones.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for making this site into the mecca of all things mk1 and mk2. If it were not for this place, I would have more time, more money, less modified cars, and less friends! I love it here and hope that this site continues to grow.

Thanks again Mike, and wish you the best!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Right on Mike, you've done supra service to the community and for shaping this forum into a great place...many thanks!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Mike,

I can safely say that this forum is the reason why I'm so passionate about this industry. I vividly remember sitting in my high school library right around a decade ago scouring the information, classifieds, and conversations that you've made possible. Thanks for all you've done, and good luck in your future endeavors. I hope to see you at Damon's this fall.

Best regards,
Forrest

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I surely wouldn't have gotten anywhere with my car without the help and support of everyone and the wealth of info on this forum. Thanks for the great times and opportunities Mike! Hopefully we will share more in the future. ;)

Don't think it has been asked, but what is happening with the celicasupra.com facebook now? (Says the guy who doesn't have and refuses to get facebook)

-Mike

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
Thanks guys!

This might sounds crazy, but I only trust someone in it for some sort of profit to keep it going properly. These guys do this for a living and all of their forums run well.
I think we will be in good hands.
We will ALWAYS be car guys.Family comes first.
Thank you,Sir.:salute:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i too am interested in what will happen with the Financial side of things. like george had mentioned about Vendor fees?

i do a pretty decent amount of business on the forum. in my personal life, i am always looking for ways to work for myself. there have been many times that i had wanted to sell here but couldn't afford the vendor fees. this has deterred me from doing more business here. i cannot produce enough stuff to be a full blown vendor" yet have never had enough interest in an item to feel like i could sell enough of them to justify paying the "group buy fee"

Can we expect any of that to change? are the fees going to go up, down or stay the same? could any of the Rules related to those subjects change?

i had sent an PM to Malloy regarding an item that i was considering doing a "group buy" for. i did get a response but it was vague. ultimately i was never "approved" or "denied" the right to launch a group buy "feeler". i felt like the whole thing was a little un-clear.

Who do i PM now if i want to ask questions about vendor fees? "AG_Admin" ? Say, i have an item that i want to "gauge Interest" on before i actually pay a group buy fee.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My vendor fees were so cheap it was almost a joke. No idea of what they will do with fees honestly.

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Well I think this pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter:

...not really, glad to hear it's still in good hands.

Mally, whatcha going to do with all your free time? Take up knitting?

--billyM

·
tested
73 Posts
knitting is not so bad, don't knock it till ya try it!

seriously, like its been said, Thanks Mike. I developed a passion for these cars late in life. this forum has proved priceless in helping me keep my car running great.

·
Administrator
215 Posts
i too am interested in what will happen with the Financial side of things. like george had mentioned about Vendor fees?

i do a pretty decent amount of business on the forum. in my personal life, i am always looking for ways to work for myself. there have been many times that i had wanted to sell here but couldn't afford the vendor fees. this has deterred me from doing more business here. i cannot produce enough stuff to be a full blown vendor" yet have never had enough interest in an item to feel like i could sell enough of them to justify paying the "group buy fee"

Can we expect any of that to change? are the fees going to go up, down or stay the same? could any of the Rules related to those subjects change?

i had sent an PM to Malloy regarding an item that i was considering doing a "group buy" for. i did get a response but it was vague. ultimately i was never "approved" or "denied" the right to launch a group buy "feeler". i felt like the whole thing was a little un-clear.

Who do i PM now if i want to ask questions about vendor fees? "AG_Admin" ? Say, i have an item that i want to "gauge Interest" on before i actually pay a group buy fee.
You can email [email protected] to find out more. I don't personally control vendor fees but depending on how the rules have been set up in the past for group buys is how it will usually still be run.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
any ideas on what will be going on with the calanders?

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
Mike, many many Thanks for taking this on this adventure and shaping our hobby with the Supra for the future...you know where to find me if you need anything...next to my brothers in the fire dept. this place is my other family!!!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
First Suggestion I would look into.....

Make me the For Sale Section Mod.... JK but not really.

Honestly... Cleanup the members list... 80% of the people that are members are 1 timers or people that haven't been on the forum in Yrs. It would benefit everyone to actually know who is still around and who never really came on the site other than to just register and disappear.

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
First Suggestion I would look into.....

Make me the For Sale Section Mod.... JK but not really.

Honestly... Cleanup the members list... 80% of the people that are members are 1 timers or people that haven't been on the forum in Yrs. It would benefit everyone to actually know who is still around and who never really came on the site other than to just register and disappear.
OK,you have been nominated.Do I hear a second?
I think that's a good idea to "clean up" some of the ghosts on this forum.
How would that be done?
If they haven't signed in for over a year,they are gone and have to re-register?
I think that's ONE way.
They loose their avatar and their nickname,too?:sadbanana:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts