Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Aww, I was liking the props! They're mine, all mine!

In all seriousness however, I think my time has come and gone for this. Mike, if you want, you can talk to me and I can moderate the CSOTM or something if you'd like. I'm sure we can get this set up so you don't have to carry the full load. I'll talk to you about it sometime. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great story and great car. Welcome to the mk2 supra warm fuzzies that many of us here and there have. One day I hope to have my Supra up for consideration, its gotta pass my expectations first. Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
These old Toyotas are an addiction. While many of us could have newer cars, we elect to dump money into our old Supras.

This car is nowhere near finished power plant wise, and if your sig holds true suprasouth, then you may have accomplished something that I've been debating for awhile; did you really accomplish the 6M/R154 swap? How hard was that to do? I may look into replicating this on my next engine build. :)

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
These old Toyotas are an addiction. While many of us could have newer cars, we elect to dump money into our old Supras.

This car is nowhere near finished power plant wise, and if your sig holds true suprasouth, then you may have accomplished something that I've been debating for awhile; did you really accomplish the 6M/R154 swap? How hard was that to do? I may look into replicating this on my next engine build. :)
It would be the same as a 7M R154, R154 Flywheel, mod the driveshaft, pound out the tunnel, hook up the speedo(Forget what need to be done), oh and use a auto transmount too. I think that it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
|Alex L.|Alex's Supra Site|Firehead Studios|

Garage inhabitants:
A couple of Supras, and SC300 5-spd, and some other junk. :badger:
1982 L-Type The 1 and Only! CSOTD!!!!!

:zzzzz:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrats! A solid choice for CSOTM, I really really like it :)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Still out here, saw a link Chimp posted and figured I'd drop in and say hi.

The MKII hasn't received much love lately as I've been racing and building some pretty trick parts for the MKIV. I started working for myself doing welding/fab full time and I haven't looked back since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcTBzdqY6HM

Tubular T6 exhaust manifold, all stainless construction:

6" aluminum intake pipe:

Fully fabricated RMR-style intake manifold utilizing one of their billet head flanges with built in injector ports. The plenum isn't welded in this picture, purely mocked:

That's about it for me, how have you all been?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Sweet! Glad to still see you around

101 - 120 of 120 Posts