Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as some of you out there know you can upgrade your ct26 to have a new impeller installed well mines done. the first 2 pics are the stock impeller next to my new to4e 60 trim imeller. the pic are at hp photos i think you have to be a member to see them.
http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/076231389579/25038955.jpg
http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/076231389579/25038958.jpg
the next 2 pics are od the new rebilt fatty :D
http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/076231389579/25038965.jpg
http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/076231389579/25038960.jpg
and last is the exhoust side
http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/076231389579/25038967.jpg

Now my car can pull 20 psi all the way to the limitter. i have it set at 15 psi at the moment. 2nd gear spins at will and 2 to 3rd hard shift gets weal spin too :D Dam i love my car
O and for everyone thats waiting for the trans wright up is going to take a bit longer for me to get it done cuze im back in school now and with my car just getting violated i need to spend my money and time in other places but i promice it will be done just not as soon as i was planning

Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
I couldn't load the pics :(

What's your setup? what ratio fpr, injectors, fuel pump, etc... tell me more, I plan on going 5mgte soon and I don't know how everyone's idle is n stuff like that.

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
wierd, my 60 trim ct26 with 5 deg clip at 8psi would break the tires loose shifting to 4th with 245/60/14's at ~23psi. i had them at 35psi at first but the car wouldnt stay straight. anyway, i hopefully will have the driveshaft for an r154 so i can get one made up soon. that way when i put the 7mgte into a new mkii, i can swap in the r154, stage 4 clutch, and truetrac with 3.727lsd all at once. might even get to put a front face intake, 3in tb, aftermarket fmic, 550's, and v8 afm on at the same time too. that would be nice to see what it will do at ~18psi with the 16's and some sticky tires. hehehe. keep up the good work and im interested to know the exact amount the driveshaft was shortened. my guess years ago was 2in. but before i have one made id like to know exactly.
william

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i havent tryed to spin 4th (my act 6 puck clutch wont hold if i lode the turbo to hard the clutch will just spin so i cant go to hard yet but soon r154. ) --- i did a 3rd gear bernout at like 50 the other day and that was fun. i held it for like a block -- i have 14-235-60 on the car and strate is the only direction i like to punch it with 15+ psi. thats not to say i dont hang out the ass from time to time. Dave

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
well, my clutch starts slipping badly in third. its a stage 3 segmented kevlar disc. you smell burning kevlar by 5k in 3rd. and even with it slipping, 4th still comes loose. i cant wait till i can get another mkii to put my 7mgte in. it sucks driving a auto mkii with 5mge.
william

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
William has a 7mgte sitting in his wrecked mk2. He is still haggling with the Insurance company to get his money so he can pick up a nice red '85 to move the motor to. His old setup was a diff buster, so he bought the tru-trac and put it together with 3.73 gears and will be trying this in his new mk2. Sounds like he has picked up some more odds and ends parts to make the car even faster.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dave - what's overriding FCO on your car? I can't hit 8.5psi here in AZ w/out hitting FCO using ProfecB EBC. Other locals have had same experience. Thx - Jay (7mgte Mk2 also)

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
well, paul peirce from the yahoo list has been in my car when ive broken loose shifting to 4th, dont remeber if eric has been or not, but my friend charles and brian have both been in the car with me as well, but neither are on this list. the engine was a tq monster. i pulled it a week before my 84 got totalled to install a new short block. i had a really bad oil leak that caused a few rods to start knocking. oh yeah, that was with the block that had 2 holes in it that were patched from when it threw the #6 rod. yeah, it was a junkyard dog. lol. i have pics and witnesses. i will admit though, at 5psi with the rebuilt shortblock in it, it pulled about the same as it did with the old block at 8psi. ive had 4 550's for awhile, but eric hasnt given me my other 2 yet plus i wanted to wait till i had a better i/c as im in fla still useing the stocker, and also wanted to put a walbro in. when i get a new mkii i will be swapping to a 3.727 with a true trac, an r54 with a stage 4 clutch, im doing the entire suspension as all thats left to buy is rear adj. shocks, i will most like finally buy some tires for my 16in enkei's, and install a walbro, lex v8 afm, 550's, and a griffen fmicwith custom tanks, and prolly a front face intake with 3in tb. im hopeing for 11's on street tires with the full interior, system, spare tire, tool box, and a passenger with stock internals at ~18-20psi and im almost 100% sure i can do it. i know how to get the car to hook and know how to launch and even with a busted shifter dont miss shifts. just ask dave a. ;-) all it takes is some instinct and alot of tuning.
william

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what diff #rs where you running 4.10 4.30 ? i have all the mods you are going for on the motor + a port polish and 3 angel valve job but till i get my r154 in i don think i will realy test the limmits(+i still have to get some tooning equipment im going for 400 hp on the ground at 18-20 psi) . im going to the track on the 5th and im hoping for a 12s run at 15psi on street tiers i think i will have no problem --- but my 60 fts are like 2.4 - 2.6 on my tiers so we will see. Dave

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
well, the first 2 diffs that i broke were 4.30's, the one thats in it now is a 4.10. it broke loose with either ratio pretty much the same, it would kick out to the left kinda hard and then straighten right up. in third it would wave back and forth 2-3 times then hook and go as hard as the slipping clutch would allow. also, i dont know what the timing was set to as i always time my cars by ear. im pretty good at it. i dont like going through the hassle of hooking up a lite since i dont care what the number is as long as its running "right" and if i get a ping at full boost in 4th or 5th on a really hot day, ill just pull the timing a tiny bit till it cools off a little. too bad it gets damned near 100deg here alot durning spring and summer. but winter is coming soon and i should hopefully have a 7mgte mkii to terorize with. :twisted:
william

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
onedic said:
as some of you out there know you can upgrade your ct26 to have a new impeller installed well mines done. the first 2 pics are the stock impeller next to my new to4e 60 trim imeller
Roughly how much does it cost to have a CT26 upgraded like this? Also can you guys recommend some turbo shops that do this upgrade?

Thanks,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts