Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
'85 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
may be rocking some of these soon which brings me back to my first car which was an '87 Chevy Cavalier which I also had an aftermarket Sony(?) tape deck and Discman mounted on the dash with the cassette tape adaptor

Gas Font Electric blue Machine Auto part

also considering doing something with the console between the seats though that takes away some storage space

any ideas from what everyone else has done for cup holders?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
funny how my method on vehicles has not changed:

window tint
audio system quality with Alpine or Nakamichi head unit preferred)
performance
appearance(exterior and interior)
not necessarily in that order

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra P Type Manual 80k original
66 Posts
See my build thread. The one I have works well. I used the JP3 Accessories Bracket for my base and then found a cheap cup holder at Walmart that actually fit perfectly. Once you have that mount there are multiple options. Take a look at the pics on the JP3 website too. I have no idea why Toyota didn't add ANY cup holders in our cars. I mean it was the '80's so we've got an ashtray but nothing to hold our beverages? I guess they thought most people were rocking a beer in a koozy between their legs. IDK...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Drive throughs weren't as much a thing back when our cars were designed, especially in Japan. I think cup holders ruin the purity of a car; suggesting that you use it as a rolling dining room that locks in all those nasty food smells and residues. Shameful American practices.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drive throughs weren't as much a thing back when our cars were designed, especially in Japan. I think cup holders ruin the purity of a car; suggesting that you use it as a rolling dining room that locks in all those nasty food smells and residues. Shameful American practices.
you're not wrong

I do like having at least a place to put a cup of water if I am staying away from the sugary drinks haha

·
Registered
85 P-type
42 Posts
Yeah, usually I have a bottle of water, which isn't a problem because it has a cap. But I also like coffee, and often I'm just grabbing one on the way to work and not even drinking it in the car. It's always fun trying to shift a manual while holding a scorching hot cup in your hand!

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra P Type Manual 80k original
66 Posts
Yeah, usually I have a bottle of water, which isn't a problem because it has a cap. But I also like coffee, and often I'm just grabbing one on the way to work and not even drinking it in the car. It's always fun trying to shift a manual while holding a scorching hot cup in your hand!
Or between your legs! :coffee::eek:

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
beverages are definitely more tricky in a MT vehicle, but I like having a beverage especially for road trips

that being said, not sure how many road trips I will be taking with my Mk 2 haha

·
MGSS Afflicted
1985 Celica Supra P-Type; 1979 Celica Supra; 1992 Supra Turbo Targa 5spd; 1998 Supra TT Targa 6spd
218 Posts
I use exactly what was posted above. Although, as Dave Koos found out at SIV, a large person does not fit in the passenger seat when it is in use hahahahaha. Funny I didn't know that before, but my 108lb wife was the only one to sit there before Dave
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Vehicle door

Reactions: JCC and '82supra

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts