Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Cusco Camber plates

• I have the dough now.. I want em now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will have the dough when more details follow!

• I dont have the dough guess ill miss out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
i can say for sure they were available in their 2003 catalog as i was looking into these. $230+shipping and about a 2-3 month wait is the price i was quoted through http://www.stageoneimports.com. CUSCO's website has now been redone with the 2004 catalog, http://www.cusco.co.jp/. Even though it was in japanese it was easier to navigate and understand the catalog in 2003. 2004's is a little different and i can't confirm if there is still an application listed for our cars. maybe someone else can take a look. oh yea when inquiring about these, make sure you say that you are looking for camber plates for a CELICA XX.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Gentlemen,

Have no fear, the Cusco Camber Plate is absolutely a direct fit piece. It is wonderfully engineered and makes the car handle like an exotic. I was initially concerned about harshness of ride, but guys (and gals) there is none - only precise and crisp steering. It is truly one step closer to your European rival.

Regarding the strut mount situation, it was a perfect "better line me up perfect in order to slide me on fit." I did not happen to measure the ID/OD, but if that makes it 15mm, that is what it was. The diameter is identical to stock - and it loves my Illuminas. The only modification I made was to shorten the spacer between the spring perch and camber plate so that my adjustment screw would sit flush with the top of the damper mount screw.

Here are a few camber plate pictures you can peek at. http://photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

These are extremely well engineered pieces guys - the Cusco crew in Japan did them up right. You will have to wait for them however unless you find someone in the US with a stock (6-8 weeks). Probably about $225 from any Cusco supplier in the country...

Regards,

Carlos

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
jr85mk2 said:
I believe these are car specific for the 82-86 supras. The ones I have seen have 3 mounting bolts and I would presume fit the strut rod. No modifications should be necessary.

Carlos Brown here on the forum has these and should be able to chime in on them!
JR85MK2 is correct! these are a direct fit!! im still waiting on the e-mail.. and now have decided to put up a poll

If you are really seriouse, then i need a good # to give the distribitor and such to see what kind of a deal can be worked out..

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I plan on buying these anyway, but as for the group buy, I'll wait to say for sure when the details are hammered out.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
i still want to know if using camber plates means you dont need RCA's

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
thats what im wondering - im going to put on the ST springs, and get in on the group buy with the RCA's, but im wondering if alls they do is adjust the camber, and if i can just get the camber plates instead

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
WOW Carlos that is one seriously engineered front suspension setup you got there, I'm droolin over all that cool stuff. I would love to hear more about all you did including your custom strut rods, and endlinks. And what that bolt that is alonside of your springs is for. Anyway yeah I will do what I can to be able to afford this groupbuy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Funkycheeze said:
i still want to know if using camber plates means you dont need RCA's
Look at the RCA threads and read the technical info. You'll understand what the RCA's do and then understand that the camber plates serve a different purpose, to adjust camber and have a solid upper mount while RCA's adjust the suspension geometry back to stock positions on a lowered car. Two different things. If you are going all out and have a lowered car get both.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ok, after much debate on how to word or say what i wanted too. the e-mail was just sent out. expressing a multiple buy with a discount on the purchases. i will follow up, with what he has to say as soon as i recive an e-mail.

Thank you all, for being so patient!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ok here is the e-mail i got..

get back to me in a couple of days, i have to make sure on availability, i have ordered 5 sets of the camber plates, a couple of months ago and they are still on back order, my cost is $210 for a set, i can give you a discount only on the shipping
not going to be much of a discount. but definatly get a lot of sets fabbed, and shipped quicker when 15+ sets would be ordered..

now to know what u guys think.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I like the idea of getting a group buy together to make a minimum production run so we don't have to wait 6 months or longer for Cusco to make these. How many orders does Cusco need to make a production run?

What price were you quoted? $210? I'm not much worried on price, availability is the problem.

A group buy may be the only way to get Cusco to make a production run sometime in the near future. If someone else has a lead to a person to purchase these through that is fine. I just think we need to buy them all through the same person to make one big order.

Remember the Addco situation? If we want these in the near future we may have to pool together.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i would like to be in for a set

21 - 40 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.