Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

anybody interested in a group buy with RaptorRacing for custom forged 5M/6M pistons? Specifically I'm looking at getting some high compression naturally aspirated slugs for my 6M rebuild. Anybody else in a similar boat want to get in on this with me? Please reply back soon, as I'd like to get them in the next few weeks if possible.

Sonny

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am going the 6M NA High Comp piston route.
Do you know the manufactuer of the pistons?
Is there a price range estimate ? Will oversized pistons be available also? I am definately interested so keep us posted.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going the 6M NA High Comp piston route.
Do you know the manufactuer of the pistons?
Is there a price range estimate ? Will oversized pistons be available also? I am definately interested so keep us posted.

George at Raptor Racing can probably fill us in on some of these details (ie. can we have differenct specs for different customers or do they all have to be the same)? Anyway, having looked at various order forms for custom pistons, we will be able to customize them any way we see fit, that includes making them oversized. Price is TBD, but roughly in the mid $700US range.

Sonny

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re:

Bump.

Anybody else? If there are some turbo guys interested, I could inquire with George if a mixed order (NA pistons and turbo pistons) is do-able.

Sonny

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I am interested but no money right now. Need to finish the main project first. But if price is very reasonable, I will find money. Would be needing some low compression turbo pistons.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re:

George says we would need around 8 people to make this group buy worth while. I don't think that will be happening anytime soon. So unless 5 other people express interest in the very near future, you'll be better off getting them on your own, thanks for the interest though.

Sonny

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re:

I'm looking into this again since the RaptorRacing thing did not work out as planned (at the time George's supplier required a minimum of 8 orders for group pricing). I've since worked out a deal with Wiseco. The can give pricing breaks on two and three orders ($162/piston and $153/piston respectively). Specs are forged slugs for a 6M-GE engine. 10.5:1 CR with extras such as anti-detonation grooves and double pin oilers. Pistons also come with rings and pins. Prices are in Canadian funds and include brokerage and duty (but not shipping). This is a pretty good deal for those here in Canada. Let me know if your interested as I'll be ordering mine next week, thanks.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I just got an email back from Weisco, as I talked to them about some forged pistons for my 5mgte...

I was looking more for the stock piston dome/compression tho.

here is what I got from them

""Unfortunately, we don't offer a part for that application. We would have
to custom make it. Cost for customs is usually around $155 ea.(includes
rings,pins,clips and coated skirts) and it currently takes about 4
weeks."""

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
re:

The pistons your looking for will definately be different than what I'm proposing above. Although they don't offer any off the shelf pistons for our cars, I know for a fact from talking to them (and from talking to members here) that they have on file the specs for 5M-GTE pistons, so perhaps that is why they are decently priced (that and the fact my prices were in Canadian funds including shipping here etc....). Anyway, good luck with your buy, hopefully a few others will want NA pistons.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Honestly I would love to get in on this to work on my spare 5m. But times are tough and I just lost my decent paying job. Ill keep it touch thou.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts