Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote this up a few years back but it got buried in a thread and i had someone ask me about it so i thought it deserved its own thread.

This is not a very complete write up but it can get you going. this works on the MK2 chassis and shouldnt matter on the engine. i used this on my 7mgte setup

I got some earls fittings for this conversion...you need 2 12x1.25 for filter...i just relocated my stock filter and run braided -6 lines from stock line by the tranny (also earls fitting) to -6 to the filter then -6 from filter to rail..(7mgte) no dampner...its alot easier the change filter now...you stock (5mge)guys can do this too. as for the braided lines...napa can make them..any hydraulic hose shop too...tractor guys go to these places for their hydraulics on their tractors/backhoes ets etc..

earls part numbers....link to earls http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php?shop=&dept=Metric

hard line by tranny tunnel to -6.....9894DBH (very 1st one at top)
2 of these for filter one one each end for -6.....991945 (has a little washer with each)

here some pics...sorry for the mess...hope this helps...good luck with your new hardlines....i look forward to changing. mine

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sweet, looks, good minus the filter could be cleaned up to go with the flow. No pun intended.

As for "Sold everything that is Supra, except the 85 shell...its the red one in the avatar forsale for $2500...comes with Ptype wheels.

1990 Honda CRX Si..getting turbo'd in the shop

CRESSIDAS SUCK, theyre for getting groceries!"

Please tell me your joking.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
As for "Sold everything that is Supra, except the 85 shell...its the red one in the avatar forsale for $2500...comes with Ptype wheels.

1990 Honda CRX Si..getting turbo'd in the shop

CRESSIDAS SUCK, theyre for getting groceries!"

Please tell me your joking.
HE AINT JOKING
HERE IT IS
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=56091

Jake awesome writeup
im gonna pick me some line up now :)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You can also do the fuel filter relocation by getting the fuel hose from the filter to the fuel rail on any 22re, same filter, same pulsation dampener.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Looks really good! Definite must for anyone who intends to keep the stock hard-lines when upgrading injectors and/or rail. Not to mention so much cheaper!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 reasons.
1. the braided line between the hardline and the filter acts as a shock absorber/damner. keeps the the filter from shaking on the hard line possibly causing it to crack..you say secure it to the frame to prevent this right?
leads me to #2..I dont care to lay on my back to swap fuel filters. I can reach down the side to swap it keeping the fuel off me.

im sure your method works fine..this was just my way of doing it. there is more than one way to skin a cat...post them(ideas) up if youve got them fellas..thats how this stuff leads to good discussion and methods for mods and ideas.

BTW..i did this 3 years ago.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
jake
Where did you get the line from
unless i can borrow yours :)

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
there is more than one way to skin a cat...post them(ideas) up if youve got them fellas..thats how this stuff leads to good discussion and methods for mods and ideas.

BTW..i did this 3 years ago.
I did this 4 years ago :p

and posted a build thread on it...

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=27075&highlight=relocation

I took a slightly different approach. Same mount location but I just modified the stock hardlines to accept a soft line. My only cost was the length of fuel hose (less then a dollar). I've been driving around with this setup for the last 4 years and no major issues. Had one of the hose clamps loosen up on me a touch once and cause a small drip, but I added a little locktite to the screw on the clamp and its been fine ever since. You could also just run the factory pinch style clamps and never have that problem, but I wanted a little more pressure on the hose.

I used this setup on my new 6mge as well and its been great there too. This would work on a 7m just as well.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jake
Where did you get the line from
unless i can borrow yours :)
I got my lines made at a place called action hose here in ABQ. theyre cheap and they crimp them with a huge ass crimping machine. Like i said in the 1st post. go to any hydrailic hose/line shop. they should be able to make them.

As for suprafiend doing it for less than a $1 is great. I just hate the banjo bolt BS on the factory filter..thats why i bought the fittings for the filter.

I ran this on my 7mgte and now Im going to run it on my new and improved turbo car. If the AN-6 line proves to be to small for E85 fuel and my HP goals then I will upgrade to AN-8 or AN-10 fuel line..which ever is needed.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey Jake, I know this thread is old but I want to replicate your fuel line setup. I contacted driftmotion to see if they have a similar kit and they said they can custom make flex hoses of any size. How long are each of the hoses? the First one from transmission tunnel to filter and the second from filter to fuel rail. The first one looks to be maybe a foot and the second two feet? I don't have my motor in the car yet so i can't measure it exactly. If figure if i go with your measurements it'll be close enough. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
This Thread may be old but it is still helping

Thanks for the tip to check out ANplumbing. That site was very helpful to solve this problem.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I can't make out the old fuzzy Photobucket pics. Where is the filter relocated to? I just changed my filter last year, and since it is not an everyday driver it only logs about 2,000 to 3,000 miles a year, but it is still a real pain to change that filter, and I would like to do this mod, originality be damned!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts