Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this bolt is being a pain in the rear. I pulled the 6m-ge outta the 84 to fix the engine and i went to take off the pulley bolt and i couldn't get it loose...had my friend bring over his impact gun but i think its too weak, mine is at work and can't get to it till tomorrow....I tried a breaker bar and using one of the flywheel bolts as a counter weight and still nothing couldn't break it loose, i know i didn't tighten it down that much......any ideas? My air is at 90psi but for some reason i was unable to turn it up.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
When I was taking apart my 7M I had the same problem. The impact gun alone just wouldn't do it, and my gun is a Snap-On so it's pretty powerful.
What I ended up doing was using a propane torch to heat the pulley right around the bolt. Careful not to get too close to the rubber dampener layer of the pulley. After I heated it for about 5-10 minutes it came out (with the impact gun) like it was barely in there in the first place.

HTH

·
Registered
109 Posts
i had the same problem with my 5m but mine was still in the car
i ended up taking a wrench and a jack
i put the wrench on it and jacked it up to the wtrench as it started to lift the motor i tapped the wrench with a hammer and it broke loose that is my experiance although mine was still in the car
hth

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Another good way if the engine is still in car is to put a breaker bar on the bolt, rest the bar on the ground, and crank the engine over. Works every time.

Christian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts