Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have had Toyotas('07 Camry SE, '07 4Runner SR5 and '17 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Off Road Access Cab), Lexus('95 ES300), Scion('05 tC automatic and '06 5-speed manual) and Subaru('16 BRZ Limited 6-speed manual) to name similar. Have had MINI('05 Cooper S), BMW('02 323Ci), Chevy('87 Cavalier, '?? Baretta, '05 Trailblazer) and Pontiac('88 Grand Am, '01 Grand Am GT coupe). Selling my '17 Tacoma 4x4 to make this my new daily driver minus the monthly payment. Would also think it is better on fuel economy. I also have a Kawasaki Vulcan cruiser that I will be riding to and from work at times.

Looking forward to your help as I work on restoring this car at least mechanically. Body is in good condition other than the hood. It could use a paint job. Back seat is in pretty good shape though the front seats are not as good. Leather seats. Original wheels. Air conditioning does not work and may be leaking power steering fluid. Sunroof works and power windows also work. Door locks do not. Driver's door is missing the lock cylinder and previous owners said it is in the door panel. Passenger door lock does not seem to work. If I get paint work done, I will need a new SUPRA decal for the rear. Pics posted and will try to post some more.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Odometer also does not work, so not sure the actual mileage. It's up there! Thank you for the kind words and hoping to get it mechanically running as well as reasonably possible before working on the asthetics. Definitely a fan of a car looking good which is one reason why I chose this one when looking at older Toyotas.

Any local Dallas resources anyone knows of? I found a local shop that works on older vehicles and I am hoping they can assist at least with diagnosis as I am a big DIY'er on many things.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome as well. Where in Dallas are you located? There’s a few guys here in the forum in the area. I’m in northeast Richardson near Murphy and Wylie. Preston is in Royce city. Phil above is in forth worth. Gamble is down in Austin. I’m sure I missed some others. So there are some good Dallas resources and of course the forum here is invaluable. Just about everything you can think of to do or repair on these cars is documented deep within the forums. As Phil said parts scarcity is the biggest challenge.
I am in Sachse which is right next to Richardson, Murphy, Wylie and not far at all from Royse City. Would definitely be interested in meeting up with anyone local. The car is still at the shop right now and I probably will not be picking it up for a couple of weeks. Not sure what I may let them do and mostly wanted their help with diagnosing along with advising. Prefer working under a shadetree, in a garage or driveway. Thank you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may not have mentioned, I believe I would be the third owner of the car. I suppose I should decide the VIN and I did start the process on the MKII registry Google doc. Need to record the other plates from the car besides the one on the driver door.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts