Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend we changed all the gaskets in my head and cleaned out all the lash adjusters and arms... We resurfaced the head and put everything together completely.. The only thing i dont understand is why the hell it wont start.. I knoe my cold start isn't working, but shouldn't it start anyways?! When i start my car the cams spin and seems like everything else works but no combustion?! Im not sure if it's my fuelrail, injectors, spark plugs, or starter.. All we did was dismantled the head, cleaned & repolish some parts and then reassembled it, we didn't tamper with the fuel rail, valve springs and valves.. We even tried to push start it and it wont run!? I just dont get it anymore?
-Melly

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
make sure your timing belt is tight? check to see if you're sparking? make sure you have fuel pressure?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
timing belt was put on there tight and all new belts were installed.. I took out the A/C belt because my A/C doesn't even work.. Still dont know the reason for it not starting..

·
Super Moderator
8,393 Posts
Did you take the upper intake off? If so did you hook up the ground wire that goes thru the intake and goes to one of the bolts that joins the halves? If this isn't hooked up good the injectors won't fire, which equals no start. I'd also pull a plug and see if you have spark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts