Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well this is my 3rd Supra. Found it literally around the corner from my house on a street that I never ride down so I had never seen it. Rode by about a month ago and left a note on the house door leaving my contact info. I ride by every now and then just wondering if it is being moved at all. Nothing changes. Finally, on Monday I drive by and see the door open at the house. I pull up in my other 85 p-type, the white one, and knock on the door. We start talking about it and I find out that the guy has had it since 1999, either rebuilt the engine or had a rebuilt engine swapped in, registered it for the first time in 2003, drove it for a little while and has been sitting up since 2004-05 because it would never run right. He didn't really want to sell it but he is going to be moving and needs it gone. I made him an offer of $200. He replied with $275 and we made a deal. I bought it Monday night, brought a battery back up there from my house and tried to start it. Fuel pump is bad I'm sure. But after putting some gas in there I was able to get it to turn over. It starts up and damn...rod I got it towed home Tuesday and I now have a jealous girlfriend. lol :) She drives a 08 Corolla by the way.

To my surprise, after breaking the lock on the glove-box due to the PO not having a key, there is an original 1985 Owners Manual. I also happened to glance at the odometer. 135xxx miles!!!! My DD has over 210K and my 84 with a blown motor has over 270K. This new 85 has the factory spare in the back. Most of the interior is good. Dash is cracked and seats could use a little work but I have seen worse. It also has the original radio.

I think I will let the pictures speak for themselves. But I do plan on doing a complete engine/engine bay makeover, new interior, and fix any other mechanical problems it may have.

Check it out:

Even the rear panels below the rear windows are mint. They're going in the white 85 DD. :)

Will do my best to post updates as frequently as possible. I know how y'all (yes I'm southern) are about pictures around here. Lol.
3Rdud

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. sorry cody. and mine is a 5spd. haha. you got an auto...lol. jk

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Could change that if I wanted, I've got all of the parts to do it from one of my past Supras. haha

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Radio is for a 82/83 a original radio but not for the 85.
Funny, your DD used to have those same ugly aftermarket fogs mounted in the same spot.

I have never seen a dash as cracked as that one is. Even the guage hood is cracked.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha. yeah, that dash is pretty bad. im gonna take it out and see what it would take to redo it. i figure i might as well learn how to do some upholstery work. lol.

i hate those fog lights. they are ugly as hell. thanks for taking the old ones off of the DD Dennis.

overall the car isnt too bad. rebuild the engine, do some interior work. should have her back on the road. i also have a new set of tires to go on the DD so im going to swap them onto these rims, and swap them over from this car to the DD cause the DD's tires are alright but worn out some and cracking. so at least i can have a somewhat decent set of tires on the blue/gray one, and a new set on the DD.

im also going to do some interior piece swaps between the DD and a buddy of mine with a blue interior in his celica gts and this car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Funny thats the way to find good deals, drive in unfamiliar neighborhoods and spot a car sitting in a driveway or something. and GA is pretty close i wouldve sure taken that deal heck ill give you 300 for it right now....u dont really need 3 Supras now do you ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha. throw in my cost for the tow and we might be able to work something. lol. jk jk. not much is really wrong with it. just needs an engine rebuild primarily.... interior work is nothing major in my opinion.

this will end up as my DD while i am restoring and turboing my white 85 ptype. :)

funny thing is though, it was around the corner from my house where i have lived for 18 years. i just never had any occasion to drive down that particular road. lol.

·
Registered
217 Posts
geez 250 and its in a whole lot better condition than the SDR i was looking at and he wants 700. nice find smh nice find....hey if u dont feel like dealing with that car anymore lemme know...jk....no really lemme know tho lol

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha ok. will do man. i probably wont. but ok. lol.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha. you wanna go? huh?

thats what i thought.....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lolololol.....

well drive your ass down here to columbus then. i visited you. your turn. lol.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol. well make it a higher priority.... lol.

·
Premium Member
7,909 Posts
I think danny needs a set of "AJ" modified driving lights to get the restore off the ground!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice find, should clean up nice. No real rust then?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts