Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to this forum ive have not long bought my frist celica supra I ended up with three to make one good one. That I resceuced from a farm. but anyway the one i'm building up is in pretty good shap but need a few rust repairs done and some are pretty major., Im from New Zealand so its running a 1ge-gu 2l six twincam 5speed not 2.8 dohc goes realy well for what it is but hoping to put a 2jz-gte in when get the money at the moment just restoring it to get it back on the road im having a little trouble with one of my doner cars trying to get the dash bord as in the whole lot ive pull out all the bolts i can see from the front as well as glove box and gauges out but just still does Not want to move are there any hidden bolts screws that i should know about?. :32: thanks

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
When you are talking about the front, did you pop out the defroster vents and take out the 4 screws that are underneath them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm

No i dont think i have thanks., so do you just use flathead screw driver to pop them out or do they have little clip on them?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Flatblade screwdriver works just fine. There are metal compression clips that holt them in, but it is not hard to pop the vents off.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I used a wide putty knife to pop them out as I didn't want to bend up the vents to see the clip location.

Be careful and good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts