Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my entire stereo system in my car and after putting everthing back together my gauge lights don't work. Everything else works fine and all fuses seemed to be intact. I checked all the connections under the steering column and under the dash and everything seems to be connected. Does anyone have any advice? One other thing, after i installed the stereo the trouble light under the hood doesn't work and seems to be burned pretty bad at the harness. Thanks.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i checked my tail lights and they don't work. The stop lights work but none of the parking lights or tail lights work. I'll check the glove box. Also the cig light doesn't work either.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, i checked the tail fuse under the hood and sure enough it was blown. i replaced that fuse and everything works now including the trouble light under the hood. I didn't realize the dash lights were hooked up to the tail lights. I tore apart half of my dash to find that out. Oh well, at least i'm really good at tearing apart the dash. Thanks for your help guys.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now i've got a new problem, well two problems. The fuse keeps blowing and my car just overheated tonight on the way home from walmart. This may sound like a stupid question, but can a faulty alternator cause the car to overheat? Since, i installed my stereo (consists of two amps) the alt has been acting weird. I know i need to replace it with something bigger but i disconnected the power wire from the amps at the battery.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the overheating was caused by a leak on the block. Looks like a freeze plug or something that is leaking. Im not sure tho. A friend of mine is going to look at it tomorrow.

As for the amps, they are grounded in the trunk underneath the wooden cover on the frame.

1 - 5 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.